The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

paved

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places. Zion National Park has a shuttle system that operates in a loop and brings guests between the visitor center and various stops along the way. For a map, please visit Zion National Park's website.

25 minutes ago

this is the hike that gives you want zion is all about. canyons and water. next time I would not rent gear. but yes for the colder people. yes it's fun,scenic.

Short hike with a great view. Worth the effort.

Snagged a wilderness permit and we did the 16 miles down... sleeping overnight at campsite 10. Was amazing!!

Boring. Easy.

Cool and nice. Water is very urgent and fast. Fell down a couple times.

This is a unique hike. It is beautiful and worth the hike. I would definitely recommend the shoes pants and walking sticks.

The title of this hike is just for the paved walk before entering the canyon to wade through the river. This part is easy. Obviously the hike gets harder once you are wading through shin deep water which sometimes reaches waist deep or more depending on how far you go. In the fall for sure, I recommend renting shoes, socks, pants, and a hiking pole from an outfitter in Springdale as the water is cold and there is little sun. Anyone bothering to wade through the river should make it to wall street. It is the best portion of the canyon. It is not signed, so get a pamphlet from the outfitter. Access is via Zion's 40 minute shuttle bus ride. Parking is limited at the visitor center. Go early to avoid crowds and to be able to see where you are walking in the river. For more details and pics and how to do this hike, visit https://etbtravelphotography.com/2018/10/21/hikes-near-kanab-utah/

I just did this one on 10/16. So glad the ranger recommended to go to one of the outfitters in town. We rented the dry pants, boots, a dry sack for out bags, and a pole, very worth it. The water was freezing and it can be very slippery and easy to roll an ankle if you don't have the proper footwear, the stick really helped to catch my balance a few times. The pant helped keep my pants underneath completely dry and warm too. The water was pretty much ankle to waist deep, I'm 5'8". there are also dry areas that you can walk in too to take a break from the water. We made it all the way up to the end of Wall Street, Wish I new the mileage to each point.

I guess my one mistake was I didn’t rent any equipment...the water was cold probably in the lower 50s. I couldn’t wait to get out of the water. The rocks have lots of algae on them making them slippery poles would have been helpful. The view was wonderful however.

It was raining and the water was about 38 degrees, but it was worth every moment of it. Make sure to have water shoes and hiking pole because the current can get a little rough when it rains. Also, pack lunch and extra clothes in a water bag.

Second time here to the narrows and just as beautiful as ever! Make sure you wear the right shoes though and preferably have hiking poles; we passed quite a few people trying to attempt this barefoot with no poles or anything and they looked like they were having a horrible time. It’s worth it to come prepared! :)

Nice paved path to get you to the start of the water. Watch your step in the water and you should be good, take your time, it’s crowded, always!

8/14/17

Favorite hike and national park!

very easy trail for a relaxing walk by the river. beautiful landscape.

It's a nice stretch and you can see a garden on the rocks and squirrels and mules. Was exciting and mostly used as a trail head to narrows.

My first proper hike up a running river thru beautiful 2000’ tall narrow sandstone canyons that have been formed over millions of years from the Virgin Rivers constant flow down South eventually ending in Lake Powell

Such an unique and beautiful trail. We went on the last Monday of September; we didn’t have as early of a start as we had planned and ended up catching the shuttle around 10:10, arrived at the Temple of Sinawava stop around 10:45. It was definitely crowded, but not Disneyland crowded. About 7 miles in, the crowd started to thin out. We turned around at about 8 miles in.
Definitely wear appropriate footwear and use a walking stick to help some of the river crossings where the water was moving fast. I got swim tights specifically for this hike and they worked out very well. With a short-sleeve shirt and a long-sleeve button up, they worked out fine for the most part.
I wish people would respect nature and fellow hikers by not vaping in the canyons :(

The water is not too cold in August, and make sure you have proper gears.

relatively easy and fantastic vistas. vertical 1000 foot cliffs surround this paved trail which parallels the highly vegetated creek/ river. take a pair of water shoes and a walking stick to finish the last third which goes along and thru the narrows.

Don't go in when it is raining! I is very wet and cold in the canyon (not to mention the danger of flooding!) I did get some mild hypothermia doing this hike on a rainy day in September. The trail is also 10 miles round trip not 2. I would totally do it again though because the canyon is amazing!

I suppose because we had just hiked the extremely quite North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Capital Reef National Park the days before, I was really taken aback by the Disney like feel of this hike. Don't get me wrong, it was stunning but I absolutely enjoyed it 100 percent more when we climbed down to the river and walked along there. It's obvious who is walking the Narrows because they rush down the paved path barely enjoying the Riverside walk and honestly, some people were just flat out rude. Also, get to the parking early in the park. We arrived at 8am and it was getting already tight.

An amazing hike. Spend the money and get the boots, neoprene socks and a hiking stick. We had two sticks each and they were very much used. Enjoy!

Loved it! The canyon was beautiful!

Nice walk along the Virgin River that leads to the beginning of the narrows hike. Great views of the canyon floor and towering canyon walls.

Beautiful walk/hike along the Virgin river to the beginning of the Narrows. There is a paved path, and you can also leave the path and hike right next to the river (for most of the route, which we did.). We went early, and during the week, and it was less crowded. Would definitely do this again, and would be prepared with water shoes and walking sticks to hike part of the narrows!

This is part of the hike to get to the actual Narrows. Nice scenery, easy paved road

Great hike continues to the narrow