The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

lovely walk with a nice view...best of the whole family with little kids. love this trail.

An absolute blast with kids!!! Our girls are 6 and 9, they couldn’t stop smiling and laughing. Renting dry gear is a must. Try to go early in the morning to avoid crowds.

Good hike, not quite breathtaking like others at Zion, but still a great hike along the river.

far and away our favorite hike of all National parks. Hiking poles are a great help along with neoprene socks, but all the other gear they try to sell you isn't necessary in my opinion. We bought $17 dollar water shoes from Wal-Mart that did the trick, so unless you expect to do alot of water hiking, cheaper can get the job done, plus you have something to keep as opposed to renting. be sure to go up about 2 miles to get to the better parts and begin to leave the masses behind.

W. L. I khave last l e

Incredible!!!

Wasn’t very impressed with this trail. The least favorites of the ones we did well in the park. Crowded and nothing exciting to see and just a paved trail.

Beautiful

Nice easy stroll along the river. Very crowded.

Most fun Trail my kids have ever done. Definitely a summer hike.

easy walk not alot of scenary

Very neat trail, very busy. If you want to walk in the river and go further make sure you plan. Take good water shoes and trekking poles (I would suggest two trekking poles per person). The poles come on handy because you cannot see in the river at all. There are many rocks, "ankle breakers" beware! If you have small children or infants, keep in mind carrying them may result in hurting your child severely.

Overall, not too hard to get down if you are an able bodied adult. Take shorts, unless you like wet jeans. We didn't make it to the end, but we will definitely be back.

This trail is very heavily trafficked trail that leads to the start of the lower narrows. It is a nice walk along the Virgin river but is built for the high traffic so you are walking on concrete or pavement most of the way up. We had great views of the waterfall on our hiking day because it has snowed the night before and the snow was melting.

Awesome hike...only able to go about .25 miles in the river because of some rain but it was just stunning.

Awesome

Trail is easy to get to a flat. I would recommend going early in the morning. It was quiet and serine walking through the water and having the canyon walls shooting up around us. Despite going the first week of March after we had turned around to head back around 10:30 there were numerous louder groups coming through so we were glad we had gone earlier.

We brought our own waders to go in the river, and we had no issues with the cold water. However, our feet were a bit sore when we were done. Would have been nice to have the water hiking shoes like the ones they rent out. Beautiful views, and when we started as the sun was rising there was no one else on the trail yet.

Rent the gear!!!! It is well worth the money if you want to get past 2 steps in the river. The views are spectacular and so different than other hikes. Be prepared for extremely slippery rocks underneath you that you can’t see. Start early!!!! Beat the crowds. We went in march and took the first 7:00am shuttle.

This time we didn’t go in the water we just did the riverside and there were so many squirrels ❤️

Incredible. Completed in October and only wore wading boots (they were my Orvis fly fishing boots) and was comfortable. Feet got a little chilly, but warmed up on the walk back to the Grotto station. One of the coolest things I’ve ever done, hands down.

This was a blast.

Hiked 02/17/18. Beautiful views. Really simple hike. This was the first hike my boyfriend and I did on our first day (we were both exhausted but still wanted to explore). Got a little chilly when you're forced to walk in some shaded areas so bring a jacket just in case you go during this time :) Can take some fun pretty pictures on the rocks near the virgin river.

A truly unique hiking experience with 95% of the hike in water for feet wet fun. A good pair of water shoes is important for support against twisting an ankle on the river stones. Whether you hike a short distance or further up the slot canyon this is a bucket list trail.

Very interesting hike! I'd suggest renting the gear at this time of year. We were very warm no issues with it. Great views. Not too strenuous

We rented the gear and went up to Floating Rock until the water began to rise higher than our hips. My husband and I hike quite a bit and the Narrows has to be one of my top five hikes. It was such a beautiful, albeit challenging, hike. We are so happy to have done this!

Took it up into Orderville Canyon until the little waterfall.

Absolutely great hike, not too difficult, beautiful breath taking views.

Pristine scenery. Never seen anything like it.

The hike on the paved trail is beautiful and very relaxing. Hiking past the paved trail in the water was just amazing! Didn't bring the insulated shoes, but did have watershoes to put on when getting to that section of the hike. Didn't get as far as I'd have liked, but loved every second of what I did experience. Even the numb, cold and wet feet! :-)

nice walk very beautiful had a great time