The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and canoeing and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

Relaxing and offers a really different side of the park

Such a fun & nice trail!!

This is a great hike if you’re prepared! You will be in water much of the time. There is a place to rent dry gear if you want to stay dry. Use sticks so you don’t slip on slippery rocks.

Very unique and awe-inspiring! I recommend renting the canyoneering boots for warmth, especially after summer is over, but a good pair of draining trail shoes will also do the trick. We opted for the boots in October since the water was cold, and were very happy with that decision! Lots of fun wading up to thigh-height at times, and amazing walls around every bend. It is an out-and-back hike so you can stop when you want, we stopped just before Wall Street which we didn't know about, but hear that is where the canyon gets tightest and is most impressive. Anyone can do it, and if you do only 1 hike in Zion I'd suggest The Narrows! It is so unlike any hike I've ever done anywhere else in the world!

Easy riverside trail. Did it with my six year old, no problem. Pretty views.

My fav hike besides the Angel’s Landing! So unique! Best time to go is during summer when the water is not so cold.

Did this hike early october on a warm day, 75 degrees and the water was really cold. To do this trail, you have to get wet, there's no other way. But the views you'll see here I don't think you'll see anywhere else. After about 5 minutes in the water my legs numbed and I couldn't feel it anymore, which made it easier to continue. I would say about 60 percent of the trail is by water and 40 in dry land. We walked a little past the junction and it was really worth it. We saw an elk on the way back and it was a beautiful sight. We wore hiking sandals, but we saw a lot of people with the same shoes, that we later learned the rented in Springdale. Would have been nice to know that in advance.