The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

A truly unique hiking experience with 95% of the hike in water for feet wet fun. A good pair of water shoes is important for support against twisting an ankle on the river stones. Whether you hike a short distance or further up the slot canyon this is a bucket list trail.

Very interesting hike! I'd suggest renting the gear at this time of year. We were very warm no issues with it. Great views. Not too strenuous

We rented the gear and went up to Floating Rock until the water began to rise higher than our hips. My husband and I hike quite a bit and the Narrows has to be one of my top five hikes. It was such a beautiful, albeit challenging, hike. We are so happy to have done this!

Took it up into Orderville Canyon until the little waterfall.

Absolutely great hike, not too difficult, beautiful breath taking views.

Pristine scenery. Never seen anything like it.

The hike on the paved trail is beautiful and very relaxing. Hiking past the paved trail in the water was just amazing! Didn't bring the insulated shoes, but did have watershoes to put on when getting to that section of the hike. Didn't get as far as I'd have liked, but loved every second of what I did experience. Even the numb, cold and wet feet! :-)

nice walk very beautiful had a great time

Easy hike, with a beautiful setting.

Great hike. Be prepared with GOOD water shoes! It’s more like bouldering than hiking...

It was new experience for me. I really enjoyed the scenery at every step I made

My group rented water shoes, pants and socks that helped keep us warm and made the hike much better. It’s can be a little slippery hiking in the rocks as the whole hike is in water. We reached all the way until we had to swim, so we we t pretty far in. I would recommend this hike. It does get cold so go prepared with proper clothing and shoes

Easy, gentle walk with great views of inside the canyon.

My favorite hike Zion has to offer. Beautiful great summer hike.

I can't even begin to describe the beauty of The Narrows. This "trail" is unbelievable and a must see when visiting Zion. Rent some waterproof waders and boots and hike as far up as you can. It's easily the most amazing part of the park. Bring a hiking stick because walking in knee deep water can be a bit rough and plan for a lot of time because you'll want to stop and take lots of photos. I already want to do it again.

Relaxing and offers a really different side of the park

Such a fun & nice trail!!

This is a great hike if you’re prepared! You will be in water much of the time. There is a place to rent dry gear if you want to stay dry. Use sticks so you don’t slip on slippery rocks.

Very unique and awe-inspiring! I recommend renting the canyoneering boots for warmth, especially after summer is over, but a good pair of draining trail shoes will also do the trick. We opted for the boots in October since the water was cold, and were very happy with that decision! Lots of fun wading up to thigh-height at times, and amazing walls around every bend. It is an out-and-back hike so you can stop when you want, we stopped just before Wall Street which we didn't know about, but hear that is where the canyon gets tightest and is most impressive. Anyone can do it, and if you do only 1 hike in Zion I'd suggest The Narrows! It is so unlike any hike I've ever done anywhere else in the world!