The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

Loved this. It gets narrower the father you go. I had good hiking shoes and wool socks which worked well. I had a tracking pole. This is a lot of fun!

Nice easy paved trail along the river. This leads to the start of the Narrows trail.

fun! rent the canyoneering shoes and neoprene booties worth it. the side canyon was cool too.

Fun to walk through the water! Pretty busy the first mile, but less the further you go.

It was beautiful but even with the rented water shoes and stick I was almost falling constantly which made it far less enjoyable

Did this hike today with my sisters. Beautiful views for such an easy hike. The water was warm enough for us to just wear sneakers and leggings. Was a little crowded at the beginning, but thinned out the farther you walked up the river.

Hiked this paved trail a couple days ago. Nice easy walk around the river. On the way back we came around a bend and there was a deer eating branches just inches off the trail. He just ignored us as we grabbed a picture and then went on our way.

Absolutely spectacular!

We came here as a cool-down after Angels Landing and enjoyed this easy trail up to where the Narrows begins. You can (and I'd suggest) you hop off the paved path and walk down by the river itself, which you can do from some entry points along the trail. It's more picturesque and less crowded off the pavement.

Great easy hike and wonderful sights we saw turkeys, deers and of course the squirrels it was a easy mile in and you may as walk another mile in the narrows the water is refreshing and worth the extra 30-40 mins

Just as beautiful as the pics. Don't need gear...just need to be okay with getting wet. Totally worth going in!

My friend and I rented the waders, socks and shoes and hiked to Wall Street. It was quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever done. The water is really cold but having the gear was well worth the $$. The views are stunning.

I feel like this is just "okay" - it's highly trafficked so there will always be a ton of people around. On the flip side, though, that means it's very accessible.

The place is unbelievable! Water is really cold so I do recommend to rent the neoprene socks, boots and hiking stick at the Outfitters center. Unfortunately could not make it more than 1 mile long due to the time. There were times where water got up to my knees. Do check for flash floods before going in. Have a lot of fun!

An absolute blast. We only ended up doing ~3 miles of the river before turning back for time reasons, but still had a great time and got some great photos and memories that will last a lifetime. I HIGHLY recommend going early. We made the second shuttle at 7:15am from the visiting center and managed to have a pretty peaceful procession up the narrows. We only really started seeing crowds on our return hike. Definitely wear neoprene socks/river boots in the spring months, dry pants aren't really needed.

Nice trail! I wish I had known about going further into the narrows.

So great! Wore neoprene socks and was definitely warm enough.

Easy walk, take breaks to relax near the river.

Very easy. This was my first hike in Zion.

Good hike. It’s a good warmup before the water in The Narrows cools you off.

I did this to get to the narrow. The narrow is worth it, so therefore doing this is also worth it - but this is the extremly boring and crowded part. Impossible to skip for the narrow so do it, but otherwise not worth it - there are better easy hike in zion

Had a blast until my sandals disintegrated. Don’t be like me, heed the Park rangers advice, wear boots.

lovely walk with a nice view...best of the whole family with little kids. love this trail.

An absolute blast with kids!!! Our girls are 6 and 9, they couldn’t stop smiling and laughing. Renting dry gear is a must. Try to go early in the morning to avoid crowds.

Good hike, not quite breathtaking like others at Zion, but still a great hike along the river.

far and away our favorite hike of all National parks. Hiking poles are a great help along with neoprene socks, but all the other gear they try to sell you isn't necessary in my opinion. We bought $17 dollar water shoes from Wal-Mart that did the trick, so unless you expect to do alot of water hiking, cheaper can get the job done, plus you have something to keep as opposed to renting. be sure to go up about 2 miles to get to the better parts and begin to leave the masses behind.

W. L. I khave last l e

Incredible!!!

Wasn’t very impressed with this trail. The least favorites of the ones we did well in the park. Crowded and nothing exciting to see and just a paved trail.

Beautiful