The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and canoeing and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

You don't need special shoes, there are plenty of free sticks left by others at the entrance - save your money!!! Loved this hike! We went to Wall Street and found the entire trip a blast! It isn't difficult but a stick is almost required (I never use hiking sticks otherwise) because if you slip on a rock it is a great help and it also lets you test areas that might be deeper than you expect. We went early yet the initial part of the trip had quite a few people in the water but after the current picked up most of those people turned around. Then it was just a number of folks all having fun and we met great friends (even went out to lunch with a couple we met) . It was exhilarating getting to Wall Street, and there is a great place to have lunch and take in the beauty. I think our next trip we will get a permit and do the downstream but honestly, I have zero regrets going upstream our first time through! One last note, if there is no stick that is the perfect height for you, wait a moment because someone coming out of the river will pass on to you. Some folks only go in a few feet and then turn around. No need to buy shoes or sticks

Easy and this place has it's own climate.Seems like no matter how hot tha other surrounding canyons are, this place stays comfortably nice

One of the best hikes ever. I got there at 7 this morning and there were only a couple other people on the river with me. At 1 when I got back down it was super crowded. I went pretty far up and the deepest I got was to my waist. Make sure you prepare and bring water and food/snacks with you. I passed numerous people with nothing having some issues.

Super fun and unique. Loved it!