The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

nice walk very beautiful had a great time

Easy hike, with a beautiful setting.

Great hike. Be prepared with GOOD water shoes! It’s more like bouldering than hiking...

It was new experience for me. I really enjoyed the scenery at every step I made

My group rented water shoes, pants and socks that helped keep us warm and made the hike much better. It’s can be a little slippery hiking in the rocks as the whole hike is in water. We reached all the way until we had to swim, so we we t pretty far in. I would recommend this hike. It does get cold so go prepared with proper clothing and shoes

Easy, gentle walk with great views of inside the canyon.

My favorite hike Zion has to offer. Beautiful great summer hike.

I can't even begin to describe the beauty of The Narrows. This "trail" is unbelievable and a must see when visiting Zion. Rent some waterproof waders and boots and hike as far up as you can. It's easily the most amazing part of the park. Bring a hiking stick because walking in knee deep water can be a bit rough and plan for a lot of time because you'll want to stop and take lots of photos. I already want to do it again.

Relaxing and offers a really different side of the park

Such a fun & nice trail!!

This is a great hike if you’re prepared! You will be in water much of the time. There is a place to rent dry gear if you want to stay dry. Use sticks so you don’t slip on slippery rocks.

Very unique and awe-inspiring! I recommend renting the canyoneering boots for warmth, especially after summer is over, but a good pair of draining trail shoes will also do the trick. We opted for the boots in October since the water was cold, and were very happy with that decision! Lots of fun wading up to thigh-height at times, and amazing walls around every bend. It is an out-and-back hike so you can stop when you want, we stopped just before Wall Street which we didn't know about, but hear that is where the canyon gets tightest and is most impressive. Anyone can do it, and if you do only 1 hike in Zion I'd suggest The Narrows! It is so unlike any hike I've ever done anywhere else in the world!

Easy riverside trail. Did it with my six year old, no problem. Pretty views.

My fav hike besides the Angel’s Landing! So unique! Best time to go is during summer when the water is not so cold.

Did this hike early october on a warm day, 75 degrees and the water was really cold. To do this trail, you have to get wet, there's no other way. But the views you'll see here I don't think you'll see anywhere else. After about 5 minutes in the water my legs numbed and I couldn't feel it anymore, which made it easier to continue. I would say about 60 percent of the trail is by water and 40 in dry land. We walked a little past the junction and it was really worth it. We saw an elk on the way back and it was a beautiful sight. We wore hiking sandals, but we saw a lot of people with the same shoes, that we later learned the rented in Springdale. Would have been nice to know that in advance.

Rich, vibrant colors of autumn accompany you on this leisure stroll towards the upstream hike of the narrows.

Deer mating season in fall. Wildlife dagf, got to see a buck beat a doe into submission.

Lots of people but beautiful and has great hanging gardens

The 1.9 miles they refer to is “if you are staying dry”. After that, you can trek through the river and it’s cool, though I didn’t go through the river very long, but this hike can be as long as you want it to be if you are going through the river. Just turn around whenever you are done. This is only accessible by the Zion Shuttle bus and this is the end of the line.

Very cool experience, super cold though! Come prepared & during the day so you can warm up afterwards

What an adventure. As soon as you reach a corner and think you’ve gone far enough there’s more to see. It’s a challenge to see how far you can go. I can’t wait to go back!