The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk

The Zion Narrows Riverside Walk is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and canoeing and is best used from March until October.

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

beach

Walk through the water between high canyon walls as a nice way to cool off in Zion National Park. The Riverside Walk Trail is a relatively flat, easy paved out and back trail located at the end of the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive that travels alongside the Virgin River to the mouth of the Narrows. There are water filling stations at the trail head where the shuttle buses drop off as well as restrooms. There are sandy areas near the end near the entrance to the Narrows where you can cool your feet in the cool waters. Go as far as you like up the river but step carefully, as the water can get chest high in some places.

Beautiful hike with our kids! I would say this was our favorite.

Amazing views and fun took off on a side canyon that was awesome climbed up a few small waterfalls. Did I his with my hubby and adult children 18, 21,26. Had a great time. Very rocky. Rent some shoes.

We walked the Narrows until Wallstreet. Fell 3 times. Loved every moment. Perfect day!

Great hike. Will be back to do the Narrows hike.

Great hike. Will be back to do the Narrows hike.

Posting about my most recent time here for anyone thinking about going when it is cold. We went late-November and checked with the rangers about which day to go while we were in the area (always do this because you want to know how high the water is and if there will be flash flood warnings!) and they told us we should use dry suits because of the temperature - when I first heard this, it seemed like too much effort and we almost wrote it off, but DON'T be like me! A quick trip into Springdale and any of the adventure companies can get you geared up and ready in no time. Think it was around $90 for two of us to rent gear. It was super fun and the cold water wasn't a problem with the dry-pants at all. The majesty of the Zion Narrows overwhelmed us once again.

Great fun! Take Keen sandals and wooden stick!