The Watchman Trail

The Watchman Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Springdale, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from South Entrance: Drive northward a short distance and turn right on the Watchman Campground access road. Cross the North Fork Virgin River and turn left on a short road immediately east of the river.

Impressive views from the top, but very limited shade on the way up. Our 5 and 7-year-olds hiked it, too.

Not a bad hike as far as difficulty and availability, but not the best for scenery. I would have rated it lower but it's a quick hike you can get to from the campgrounds. First part was a little steep but flatens out and is more gradual. Made it up in 30 min and down in 13, but I was pushing.

Perfect for watching a sunset...or a thunderstorm roll in

This is a really active trail with a couple of switchbacks and steep climbing up. I caught the trail head by the Watchman camp site. My family and I went around 8AM to beat the summer heat.

This was an awesome hike. My wife and I were the first one out Saturday AM right after it finished raining. The start was a little muddy and slippery but the loop at the top and the views were breathtaking.

Nice hike. Great views from top. :-)