Point to Point

rock climbing

rock climbing

I've been to almost every national park in the lower 48 and this is definitely the most variety and most fun of them all. We're two females who brought climing rope and harnesses (well worth the extra weight carry, plus its mandatory to get out of upper Subway). The first portion climbing/skidding/sliding down an intensely HUGE rock mesa is breathtaking. We said over and over that we'd happily just do that hike anytime! Then you get into the deep canyons and just when you're tired of walking, you rappel, then you swim (ALL your gear will be in water and there are many places you can't touch), then you emerge in one of countless amazing tunnel and slot canyons, then you do it all over again. Swimming through the narrowest slot canyon after rappelling down the entrance was my favorite. There's a wide, soft sand beach in the sun where you can dry out a bit before exploring the open-ceiling tunnel housing the famous log that everyone takes pics of. This is truly a bucket list experience and I'm thrilled to have done it. NOTE: the last 2 hours are GRUELING...bring some electrolyte chews for this and just keep going.