The Subway Trail

The Subway Trail is a 6.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Virgin, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until October.

Long day hike to dinosaur tracks, keyhole falls and subway. The subway is a pipe-like gorge. The trail is not maintained. The beginning is steep. The trail follows a creek. Hikers have to pass the creek a couple of times. In order to do the subway-trail hikers need a permission from the administration of Zion National Park.

13 minutes ago

By far the best hike I have ever done in my life. Lots of different things to see. It is a fairly challenging hike so don't expect anything super easy. If you bring a swimming suit you can slide off the rocks into the water pots. Super fun, just be prepared!

Mentally and physically challenging hike. Plenty of route finding and crossing the stream. Entirely worth the reward of reaching the Subway at the end. Maybe my most memorable hike ever with my wife.

Exellent experience! Landscape is changing during the hike! You must wear confortable hiking shoes, because the trail is rough.

Awesome adventure and an amazing place!

It's a long, difficult, unbelievable hike that features so many different sceneries. You're in and out of usually chest deep murky water most of the time until you get to the flowing water. . We went in the heat of summer and got used to the cold water pretty quick. I last minute grabbed a water filter and I'm glad I did. We had a large group so we were out there for a while. Take the time to plan this one out and go with people who have trail finding and canyoneering experience so you don't get lost, especially if you're going from top to bottom. You've got to have a permit so plan accordingly.