The Red Hill is a 3.3 mile out and back trail located near Cedar City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 853 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Definitely a great hike for all ages. Go out as far as you can, or go the whole way. Make sure you stay on the trail.

Definitely a fun trail. Steep at first but fairly short way up. You get to a somewhat fork in the trail that branches off into about three other trails. I went to Thor’s Lookout which gives a nice view. I’d recommend getting higher up if you can but be careful of loose rocks and possible landslides. Other than that it’s beautiful if you’re able to get at any higher elevations.

Very nice hiking area 5 minutes from downtown Cedar City. The trailhead shown here is actually labelled Red Hollow. After a fairly steep 0.7 mile ascent, you come to some fencing and a plethora of signs for trails to Thor's Hideout, Thor's Lookout and the Thunderbird Garden trailhead. I went up to Thor's Lookout and then wandered around what seems to be a loop for Thor's Hideout (or Lair). Did not see Thor. Kind of confusing, and I can't find a comprehensive map anywhere, but it's a beautiful area, and I doubt you will get lost in any kind of serious way.

The trail splits off a couple of times but it’s easy enough to figure out where you’re going. Lovely and peaceful with wildflowers aplenty, and most of it is uphill so it’s a great workout! When you need to catch a breath, make sure you turn around and get a look at the hills from above. They are gorgeous around sunset. Also, if you reach the branch off point and want to go a bit further, you can check out Thor’s Lookout.

The trail was nice and dry today. Lots of wildflowers in bloom, stunning scenery as usual. Great evening hike.

The trail is not clearly marked and, therefor, difficult to follow. Nice area.

This is a good hike. One of my favorite places to sit 'n watch the sunset.

Beautiful view throughout the whole hike. Good for kids and pets.

I hiked this trail with my cousin Buzz in late April. We started early afternoon and boy, the weather was great! A bit challenging to climb right off the bat, but it was smooth sailing after about a mile in. The views are worth it! Beautiful! Oh and be careful of the loose rocks. I about rolled an ankle when one surprised me on the trail!

Nice little hike shared MTB trail. Mid morning on a Saturday few others :)

good hike. we hiked up to Thor's lookout to sit in his chair.

Nice set of trails through a beautiful red sandstone canyon. Great views all around! Would probably not want to do this in the heat of summer.

BEAUTIFUL VIEW

My boyfriend and I did this hike and loved the views along the way. It’s a moderate hike with multiple trails labeled as “Thor’s Hideout” that weave and cross paths throughout the hike that can add to the experience. The trail head is labeled “Red Hollow”.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

A bit hilly, but a lot of fun and very pretty.

Friday, July 20, 2018

Nice trail close to town.

Monday, July 09, 2018

Just a blink away from town and an easy hike through!

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

It is a beautiful place! It was a little confusing with the signs to Thor's hideout pointing all different ways. It is a loop with no actual place being "Thor's hideout"... I guess it is the whole area. I did find "Thor's chair".

Saturday, June 30, 2018

its cool not too hard and if you climb on the rocks towards the end of it you get a beautiful view

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

It's a fairly easy hike, but there are no solid trail markers. My friend wanted to lead the trip and got us loss I ended up having to lead us out. I've done this hike solo many times since.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

It's a nice hike with great views. Easy terrain. Good for an afternoon stroll on a bike.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Only got to do Red Hollow and stop at the beginning of Thor's Hideout due to other plans, but it was majestic! The trail itself was a pretty steady incline and decline coming back, not too tiring.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Very pretty red rock trail!! Took all the kids and a dog with us for this hike and we all had a blast!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Easy, but great trail. Uphill one way, and downhill back. Great way to get your heart pumping in the morning. Our dog loved it!

Monday, April 17, 2017

We only went until the fence, 1.6 miles there and back, but it was great. Uphill so be prepared, but it wasn't terribly hard the trail is perfect.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

This hike shows as Red Hill but the BLM name is Red Hollow. It's ascends up for about a mile and a half to a fence/gate where it changes to Thor's Lair trail. This trail offers well marked options but they all lead down to the BLM's Thunderbird Garden trailhead behind the Cedar City Golf Course. The uphill Red Hollow trail is mostly in a canyon. The descending Thor's Lair is more wooded. Found one spot near the end of Thor's Lair with a decent view to the west. Not a bad hike close to town.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

trail was super easy to follow! and the hills around it make for some fun rock climbing!

Thursday, January 26, 2017

As opposed to some of the other reviews, the trail thats been recorded is the one that goes through the canyons. It's a very easy to follow, wide, gorgeous path most of the way.

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

The trail was difficult to follow so we just scrambled up the backside of the mountain. It was difficult but very fun. The view was beautiful and so worth it!

Friday, August 12, 2016

great scenery,to touch past half way for the young kids.