The Red Hill is a 3.3 mile out and back trail located near Cedar City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 853 feet Route Type: Out & Back

A little rocky in some parts but it was a great hike worth the stop.

Such a beautiful trail! I love all the red! It felt like I was in Zion! So I got my fix since Zion is closed. It was super easy and just a great hike to spend with family and friends!

Fantastic hike! Be sure to start the hike on SR 14. You will have several options for trails, all clearly marked. On the ascent (during early spring) be sure to turn around and notice the snow capped mountains behind you - a pretty contrast against the red rocks! I found a bridge on the way in but missed it on the way out. Will do this hike again and again!

It’s a good trail. Very obvious where the trail is up to the fence.

Not the best trail for running if you don’t know the area. The main trail wasn’t bad but going up to the lookout I couldn’t figure it out and coming down was even scarier.

The section up to the fence is pretty decent. Nice views of the “red canyon” and other then the blue graffiti spray paint and traffic sounds it is pretty decent. The section past the fence is basically a bicycle or motorcross practice circle. Although somewhat interesting as a bike fan it is an uneventful hike. I didn’t bother with the final half mile to the parking lot. If I had it to do over I would have continued up to Thor’s lookout and never crossed the fence line.

Definitely a great hike for all ages. Go out as far as you can, or go the whole way. Make sure you stay on the trail.

Definitely a fun trail. Steep at first but fairly short way up. You get to a somewhat fork in the trail that branches off into about three other trails. I went to Thor’s Lookout which gives a nice view. I’d recommend getting higher up if you can but be careful of loose rocks and possible landslides. Other than that it’s beautiful if you’re able to get at any higher elevations.

Very nice hiking area 5 minutes from downtown Cedar City. The trailhead shown here is actually labelled Red Hollow. After a fairly steep 0.7 mile ascent, you come to some fencing and a plethora of signs for trails to Thor's Hideout, Thor's Lookout and the Thunderbird Garden trailhead. I went up to Thor's Lookout and then wandered around what seems to be a loop for Thor's Hideout (or Lair). Did not see Thor. Kind of confusing, and I can't find a comprehensive map anywhere, but it's a beautiful area, and I doubt you will get lost in any kind of serious way.

The trail splits off a couple of times but it’s easy enough to figure out where you’re going. Lovely and peaceful with wildflowers aplenty, and most of it is uphill so it’s a great workout! When you need to catch a breath, make sure you turn around and get a look at the hills from above. They are gorgeous around sunset. Also, if you reach the branch off point and want to go a bit further, you can check out Thor’s Lookout.

The trail was nice and dry today. Lots of wildflowers in bloom, stunning scenery as usual. Great evening hike.

The trail is not clearly marked and, therefor, difficult to follow. Nice area.

Sun May 05 2019

This is a good hike. One of my favorite places to sit 'n watch the sunset.

Tue Apr 30 2019

Beautiful view throughout the whole hike. Good for kids and pets.

Sun Apr 21 2019

I hiked this trail with my cousin Buzz in late April. We started early afternoon and boy, the weather was great! A bit challenging to climb right off the bat, but it was smooth sailing after about a mile in. The views are worth it! Beautiful! Oh and be careful of the loose rocks. I about rolled an ankle when one surprised me on the trail!

Sat Apr 13 2019

Nice little hike shared MTB trail. Mid morning on a Saturday few others :)

good hike. we hiked up to Thor's lookout to sit in his chair.

Sun Mar 24 2019

Nice set of trails through a beautiful red sandstone canyon. Great views all around! Would probably not want to do this in the heat of summer.

Thu Dec 13 2018

BEAUTIFUL VIEW

Wed Nov 21 2018

My boyfriend and I did this hike and loved the views along the way. It’s a moderate hike with multiple trails labeled as “Thor’s Hideout” that weave and cross paths throughout the hike that can add to the experience. The trail head is labeled “Red Hollow”.

Sat Jul 28 2018

A bit hilly, but a lot of fun and very pretty.

Fri Jul 20 2018

Nice trail close to town.

Mon Jul 09 2018

Just a blink away from town and an easy hike through!

Wed Jul 04 2018

It is a beautiful place! It was a little confusing with the signs to Thor's hideout pointing all different ways. It is a loop with no actual place being "Thor's hideout"... I guess it is the whole area. I did find "Thor's chair".

Sat Jun 30 2018

its cool not too hard and if you climb on the rocks towards the end of it you get a beautiful view

Tue Feb 27 2018

It's a fairly easy hike, but there are no solid trail markers. My friend wanted to lead the trip and got us loss I ended up having to lead us out. I've done this hike solo many times since.

Wed Sep 27 2017

It's a nice hike with great views. Easy terrain. Good for an afternoon stroll on a bike.

Sun Sep 03 2017

Only got to do Red Hollow and stop at the beginning of Thor's Hideout due to other plans, but it was majestic! The trail itself was a pretty steady incline and decline coming back, not too tiring.