The "G" Hike

The "G" Hike is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please note that this trail is very steep and exposed. During the summer months, it gets very hot.

Trail was good, the ‘G’ was disappointing, not nearly as nice as the ‘Y’.
Great view of the valley for most of the hike.

super fun hike but very steep. Not very much shade so be prepared! Bring lots of water and a hat.

New hiker with kids, the first half of the trail was extremely steep and shadeless. 2nd half more wooded and evened out. At the G my son (5) tumbled down the steps next to the G and cut his head and got scrapes. Had to get 3 stitches. Be careful around the G!

This was not a good hike. It is not kid friendly at all. Steep, narrow and no shade made for a very boring and rough hike for kids. Luckily we had cloud cover. I can’t imagine what it would be like in the full sunlight. Also there is nothing to do at the top and 0 shade.

so... I am a beginning hiker but since the weather's been beautiful I so want to take advantage of all the opportunities there are to hike in these beautiful mountains. I didn't actually find the G Trail sign so I ended up going along a different trail that put me kind of hiking up the face of the mountain which was very steep. at the end I hiked up higher so I could connect to the main G Trail and hiked that on the way down. it was very difficult very steep very narrow, & slippery with gravel. I thought it was a pretty hard hike, and not moderate at all, at least for a beginner hiker. However, it was absolutely beautiful up there and I'm glad I did it.

Not my favorite but not a terrible hike. Only rating this as a two because of lack of shade and a very narrow trail for much of it. It was fun to "bushwhack" and explore the woods as I did geocaching with my Dad! This is right behind his house. Hiked this July 18, 2016. It was neat to learn about the letters representing different towns/cities and how the local HS lights it every year! I can always see the G visiting my Dad's house so it is nice to say I have been there! :-)

great other than the lack of shade.

Monday, July 17, 2017

A low-shade hike to one of the local letters. Nice views of the valley.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

I loved it! it was easy without being boring.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Better than the Y hike! You get some shade from trees along the way on occasion, no switchbacks, and also has a great view throughout. I enjoyed it! It is a steep climb though, so bring water!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Nice view of the valley the whole time. Dog friendly, and a little challenge. perfect distance.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Steep incline but short hike. Good visibility of valley for most of hike. Not a lot of shade in summer so it gets real hot. Be sure to bring lots of water for you and your dog!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Carried 1-year old twins up, and the 3, 6, and 7 year old kids did well. I met fewer people on the trail than I expected. It was also steeper than I expected. Great views of the valley most of the trail.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Hiked it with my 3 year old. We had to take a few breaks, but made it just fine. Views at the top and throughout are amazing.

recorded The G