The "G" Hike

The "G" Hike is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

geocaching

Not my favorite but not a terrible hike. Only rating this as a three because of lack of shade and a very narrow trail for much of it. It was fun to "bushwhack" and explore the woods as I did geocaching with my Dad! This is right behind his house. Hiked this July 18, 2016. It was neat to learn about the letters representing different towns/cities and how the local HS lights it every year! I can always see the G visiting my Dad's house so it is nice to say I have been there! :-)

great other than the lack of shade.

A low-shade hike to one of the local letters. Nice views of the valley.

I loved it! it was easy without being boring.

Better than the Y hike! You get some shade from trees along the way on occasion, no switchbacks, and also has a great view throughout. I enjoyed it! It is a steep climb though, so bring water!

Nice view of the valley the whole time. Dog friendly, and a little challenge. perfect distance.

Steep incline but short hike. Good visibility of valley for most of hike. Not a lot of shade in summer so it gets real hot. Be sure to bring lots of water for you and your dog!

geocaching

Carried 1-year old twins up, and the 3, 6, and 7 year old kids did well. I met fewer people on the trail than I expected. It was also steeper than I expected. Great views of the valley most of the trail.