Terraces - Elbow Fork Trail

Terraces - Elbow Fork Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

2.2 miles 1108 feet Point to Point

Directions from Salt Lake City: Access #1: Follow Mill Creek Canyon Road (3800 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 4.5 miles up the canyon to Terraces turnoff on the south side on the road. Follow the road up and then to the north end loop. Trail begins on the north end of the picnic area. Access #2: Via Elbow Fork. Take Mill Creek Canyon Road 6.1 miles up the canyon to Elbow Fork, the sharp right turn near the dam. Trail starts on south side of the road where the foot bridge crosses the creek.

Didn't know you had to pay

With the gate closed, we decided to loop the trail heading directly on the road towards Terrace Fork- was well worth it- the loop up and back to the parking was about 4miles- it's one of my favorite hikes so far, up at 7000ft- so tranquil and the dogs loved it!

I hiked this trail a week ago. Nice shade and forest views. Not an easy hike,definitely moderate.

We loved it. I wish there were more trails that allowed dogs.

Nice little trail through varied, pretty terrain. Don't be expecting an easy trail though, it isn't hard but it does climb reasonably steeply through the 1st half (whichever direction you're going.

Really nice. I didn't make it all the way due to blisters but it is well maintained, gets a little overgrown in a few places but nothing too bad. Incline on the way up is moderate but not too bad. If you go before 8am you will have to park on mill creek canyon rd and walk 1/4 mile up to the picnic area.

I love this trail for running on. The overgrown vegetation makes the trail more thrilling. And the incline and decline is worth the view.

Not bad, but a bit into the hike, the vegetation gets overgrown with thorny plants. Its a moderate incline at first, then its level for a bit, then the incline again. There are some beautiful scenes straight down the mountain canyon and over the city which were great! Its a narrow path, so keep that in mind if you want to take your pups with ya. Have fun!

Made it about 2 miles up. Until we got to a super heavy vegetation and we turned back. I'm new to hiking and this was a great work out. Moderate hike for newbies. It was shaded for a good portion of the hike. Dog friendly, just check which days they can be off leash or not. Have fun!

I have small kids so I'm always looking for hikes they can take. I would definitely do this again but wouldn't take the little ones. They made it through and its beautiful but gets sketchy in spots.

Just beautiful! I did this hike yesterday with my dog. It was perfect for going on in the hot weather because it is shaded almost the entire way. It is fairly steep, but you go through such pretty forest. Bring your bug spray- mosquitoes were prevalent. I would definitely recommend this nature hike.