Tepee Lakes Trail

Tepee Lakes Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Manila, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a good trail! There is a lot rocks, so make sure you have something with good ankle support. The upper creeks are blown out due to snow melt, so the crossing are a bit sketchy. Overall a very good hike that gives you a good workout!

I love Tepee Lake !!! The hike isn't that bad .I am out of shape and I made it. I caught some great Brooke trout . I hiked in June. Great time !!! The trail is a bit rough to follow in spots .

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

I was not too impressed. i was trying to do an overnighter up to red lake. I made it to Teepee Lake with no problem and decided to push on to Red Lake. About a mile past Teepee the trail just disappears. Camped out in the only suitable spot I could find, glad I had a bivy. From about Teepee to where ever I made it to the mosquitoes were ridiculous and I probably now have Zika virus. If you are looking just to get away from people I recommend. If you are looking for cool views situated alongside high mountain lakes don't waste your time. Although I never made it to Red Lake so who knows. Good Luck.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Did this one back in 1967. Then the trail was hard to follow and we spent a lot of time of trail. Wonderful country though. Hopefully, the trail is much improved.