Temple Fork Sawmill Trail

Temple Fork Sawmill Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Brachipad Summer Home Area, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice trail in this part of Utah what’s not to like

pretty easy Trail however it is lacking in shade so be careful what time you go

Some rocks and technical places. I had to walk my bike in a couple places but only for 15-20 feet or so. My wife didn’t like it too much. Great for a hike. A creek runs by the side of the trail the entire length. There are some cool beaver dams and neat things to see. Free range for cows so there are messy spots to avoid in the trail.

Really fun trail. Pretty easy. Not alot shade until further up but a beautiful trail! I'm a photographer and I wasn't disappointed! lots of butterflies!

A beautiful trail. We didn't love the final destination but will do the hike again just for the hike in. There are so many beautiful spots on the way in. You basically walk the river all the way. Not a lot of shade though. The gate was closed so we walked 1 mile before we got to the trailhead so we did a total of 8.3 miles. It was all really easy hiking.

The beginning is a little dull but the higher you go the better it gets. The beaver dams are great but the best part is after. If you do anything off trail it’s closer to 6 miles.

The bridge to the sawmill is broken and we didn’t try to cross it. (This is at the very end of the trail).

Our rating would be moderate.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Good hike when lower elevation is in a heat wave, although not shaded most of the trail. Watch out for cows! The bridge nearing the sawmill was broken, but you can still walk across if you are careful.

Saturday, August 19, 2017