Taylor Canyon Trail

Taylor Canyon Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is on the street at the top of 27th st. Lock your cars.

I love this hike. The scenery is amazing.

great trail, shady most the way, not alot of people.

Taylor Canyon was so beautiful! Maybe my favorite hike now. Wildflowers, a cool fort, easy stream crossings, almost all shade, steady incline, quiet, and peaceful.

Hiked with family. Did not get to the top, but beautiful canyon with shade and stream!

Pretty hike. Incline the whole way up, crossed the creek three or four times. The trail is marked pretty good until last part (last sign reads upper Taylor canyon) after that you follow the trail up. I followed the trail up but there was a fork in the path and I went left instead of right and it took me toward the overlook, so I didn’t see a waterfall at the end but I saw a gorgeous canyon view. It was beautiful but kind of scary since I went on a super windy day and I was up pretty high, lol :)

Great trail! We didn't quite make it to the end, due to the ground getting pretty soft and unstable, but others did it! It is possible! Wonderful canyon hike to get away from civilization.

Beautiful but the waterfall was pretty insignificant on the trail. Nothing like Adam’s canyon or waterfall canyon.

A bit isolated, I went over the weekend and after the split to Malan’s peak I was the only person on the trail. I’m not sure if I actually found the end, I got to a point where the trail split and both forks looked to dead end within 200 feet, but someone else here says it ends in a clearing. Not too difficult, I only hit one relatively steep stretch up towards the end.

Beautiful trail.

Great scenery. Peaceful.

maybe I took a few wrong turns but the end point was just a clearing. other than that the hike had some good views and mostly shaded.

Great hike! Good mix of easy and hard areas of the trail. Good scenery and along the creek for a portion of it.

We only saw one other person on the trail after the split of Malan's peak. Great for dogs. Bring bug spray! Mostly shaded.

Great Hike. Lots of shade in the morning. If taking kids just know the trail is narrow in some spots. Lots of rocks.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Starting ether at the 27th street or 22nd street parking area go up Taylor canyon after passing the second wood bridge the trail starts up rather steeply , there's an awesome rocky overhand With a fire pit , garbage can and area to rest and kick back for awhile .
Continue up the path scrambling at times trail forks stay right .. Left side goes to the hidden valley trail .
Keeping right you reach a cool fort / camp area trail finally ends at the scrub brush ..
Do not know why it ends there but if you stop at the fort your doing yourself a a favor . Now head back

Monday, August 15, 2016

Taylor Canyon is an old-time favorite of mine. I've hiked it many times over the years solo, and with friends. Ogden City has done a great job in keeping it maintained, and posting signage to keep you aware of which trail you are on (there are several different routes you come across throughout that lead you to various different trails, so it's helpful to know just where you are going). Lots of dogs on this trail, so if you take your own, be sure to keep them on a leash (and please pick up their poopies!!). Can be completed in 2-3 hours from start to finish. Take a bottle or two of water to stay hydrated, but you are in shade for most of the hike.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Beautiful hike! Challenging. Only crossed a few others on the trail.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Great hike a lot of cover not to hot

Thursday, July 07, 2016

There is beautiful scenery and relatively low traffic on this trail. It actually extends far past where the map shows and puts determined hikers up on the side of the canyon opposite Malan's peak. The view is fantastic, but water is scarce, and the trail is very rugged above the treeline.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Good hike the trail was somewhat difficult to find at the end. I did enjoy the fact that it was shaded most of the way . Will try and do the complete loop starting at hidden valley this fall .

Sunday, June 12, 2016

If you can do Adam's Canyon, you can do this one. It's a beautiful hike with not many people finishing it. It does connect with Hidden Valley but you'll get lost once or twice. My Black Lab loved it and would gladly recommend it. Also, I suggest parking at the 29th street Trail Head and on the way back walking the scenic route. Beautiful views up and down the mountains and of the cities below.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Beautiful trail. You can now go quite a bit further then you use to. I heard it leads to Hidden valley if you take it all the way. I would love to hear from anyone that has taken it that far and let me know if you can make a loop or if you have to go there and back.