Stewart Falls Trail

Stewart Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 646 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

Note: Parking at Aspen Grove requires an entry fee of $6 for a three-day pass, which is paid at a tollbooth on the Alpine Scenic Loop Stewart Falls is one of the most scenic, and photogenic, waterfalls in northern Utah. It falls in two tiers, and is over 200 feet tall. It is a moderate hike through a beautiful forest on the east side of Mt Timpanogos.

Fall colors are fading but still there. Crowded but a nice trail. Making it a loop gives a little more quiet and less people— definitely recommend the extra mile or so to do it

Beautiful trail. Lots of fall colors right now. My 5 year old made it out and back easily enough with minimal complaints.

Great trail! Fall colors are amazing this time of year. Views throughout the trail are fantastic.

Very nice hike that isn’t too difficult with great views!

Great hike, not too hard, perfect morning hike

Straightforward beautiful hike! All the fall colors were showing out today. However, the trail should be rated as easy, Not moderate!

Such a great hike. Challenging and invigorating, up then down, then up and out then down. Look for the stinging nettles, and companion (broadleaf).

All in our hiking party of three enjoyed this trek. Scenic, easy and mostly shaded. Pretty falls at the turn.

Beautiful hike! FOUND on the trail a fitbit when we were hiking (9/27). Post about it if it's yours!

Stunning day. Beautiful hike. Down to water then we followed it to Sundance Cafe for a sandwich.

great hike for kids and dogs, really pretty and easy

pretty easy. me my grandma and my little sister went and didn't have a bad time

Went yesterday (9/19/19) and there are touches of autumn here and there. We went Thursday morning, and it wasn’t too crowded. The falls are breathtaking and refreshing, and the up and down both ways on the hike breaks things up. I had four kids (16,13,11,9) and a dog, and everyone had a great time.

Trail is ok, Waterfall is beautiful!! Easy hike compared to others in the canyon. For recent pics, visit https://etbtravelphotography.com/2019/10/03/hikes-in-american-fork-canyon/

One of our family's favorite hikes. Easy enough for kids. I had to bribe my 3 year with ice cream to keep going but she did a great job. The waterfall is the perfect place to eat a picnic.

Extremely populated. 6$ for parking. Some spots had some scramble.

Perfect hike. 6:00pm. 80 minutes. Cool weather. Not busy. Lots of water off the waterfall.

The trail is pretty and the falls are very tall. The water level is not very powerful on the lower falls, if you’re comparing it to Bridal Veil for example. Still worth doing it though!

Good trail. We are all a bit out of shape and haven't been hiking for about a year. We all did well including my wife and 5 yrs old daughter. It was a good hike to get back into practice on.

I didn’t expect to be hiking with everyone in Utah County today. The college age students on the trail were disrespectful and a bunch of them pushed passed my wife and little boy on the steepest rockiest part but at least they got their Instagram Picture. Also someone took a dump and just left it there by the secondary waterfall. I miss the days when I could hike the trail without all of the traffic.

Beautiful family friendly hike.

We just finished this hike and it was a good workout. Pretty steep in some spots, and very rocky and dusty, but a beautiful destination. Wear good shoes. Pack some snacks and relax at the falls for a bit before heading back. And if you take a dog, plan to bring your own bags and plan to pack them out because there are no dog 'accommodations.'

It’s a nice hike to take dogs, friends and family to. Enjoyable hike. Completed 4 time now.

I logged just over 4 miles out and back and over 750ft elevation, so the trail was a little longer and steeper than advertised, at least by my calculations. There trail is has rocks and gnarly roots pretty much the whole way and it was pretty dry so we kicked up a lot of dust. You get some shade on the way up but the 2nd half felt pretty exposed. All that being said, the falls are spectacular. A beautiful, big area where you can get some great photos and videos and find a place to rest and eat. I would probably come back when the weather cools down a bit!

Beautiful hike in. Volunteering with TERT today. Remember to stay safe, don’t pee in the river, and don’t do anything stupid.

Loved this trail. Not too hard and the falls were beautiful.