Stewart Falls Trail

Stewart Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Stewart Falls is one of the most scenic, and photogenic, waterfalls in northern Utah. It falls in two tiers, and is over 200 feet tall. It is a moderate hike through a beautiful forest on the east side of Mt Timpanogos.

This hike is a fun hike to do with anyone. As long as the snow isnt coating the path its very easy - THERE ARE TWO TRAIL HEADS. The first, main one is from Sundance. Sundance is privately owned which means they decide when and how to use their trails. Its super pretty from the resort but you will be required to purchase a lift pass to access the trail head. The second trail stems from aspen grove, which is about 2 miles up the alpine loop PAST sundance. Right before entering the uinta national forest there are two parking lots and the second lot is where youll start the trail.

It's a nice trail with a couple nice meadows and the falls is 2 miles from the trailhead. It was a bit tough for our 6 and 4 yr old who generally are fairly athletic. Way too many people and quite a few that lack trail etiquette.

A bit muddy at the start. Beautiful walking through the pines. ☮️

Great conditions today. 98% dry, no snow at all. Just too many people!

Just got back from doing this hike and it was gorgeous with fantastic weather,60’s. We took the Sundance trail which is a little more steep than the regular trail. It’s about 3.6 miles all together. Definitely going back in the summer

Enjoy this hike every time! Kids love it and so does the dog. Nice to have a trail both can go on.

Kelly were you there just 3 days ago?. I'm taking some scouts there and would like to know if I need to provide them with snow shoes. What is the status of the trail?

This trail was really easy with gorgeous scenery. It started to get steep going down toward the falls. We ended up taking the trail to Sundance so we didn't have to go back up the steep rocky hill. I had my mother with me and she was done at the waterfall so it was a blessing we met a couple who had came up the Sundance trail and they offered to take us to our car. The trail from Sundance is only about a mile and a half one way but I felt it was more difficult going towards the falls than the Stewart Falls trail. The falls was gorgeous with ice and water. Dogs are allowed off leash and my dog had a wonderful time as well.

Gorgeous area ! Spectacular waterfall. It’s a must !!! I’ve hiked it a few times.

Gorgeous hike. Worth it to hike to waterfall. This was my little border collie puppy, Koa first hike...so much fun. I recommend bringing water and a snack for yourself and dog. If you have micro spikes for your hiking boots bring them. There was on spot going back with ice where we had to slide down and I had to have my boyfriend catch me because I went down super fast.

Amazing views! This was a bit more difficult in the snow and the trails were icy in spots. Need to wear good shoes/boots to accommodate the snow/ice

This was a wonderful hike, beautful scenery and waterfall. The snow covers 90% of the trail, but the footing is safe and trails are clear.

beautiful! its a little tedious but definitely worth the visit

Nice easy hike with some scenic views.

Paved parking lots and restrooms at trailhead. Easy-moderate. The falls are beautiful and the spray is refreshing in the Summer. Not too much sun protection/ exposed. Make time for lunch or an iced tea at the iconic Sundance Resort!

Awesome little hike.

we might have gone the wrong way but it was tough getting to the waterfall at the end but it was an easy hike, very shaded, the waterfall is worth it

Went there today with a friend to get above the inversion pollution. Clear skies and cleaner air. Yay! :) Only a little bit of snow in places on the trail though. December with almost no snow? How weird is that? It was beautiful, the falls were mostly ice at this point. Love this hike. Easy hike, fun, family friendly.

wanted to add if you go to trailhead you have to pay $6 for 3 day pass. it is just inside the uinta national forest. Beautiful view of timpanogos mountains.

visited Sundance resort and drove to Stewart falls trailhead. Hiked 2 miles from trailhead to falls. Top tier is ice now, and has a beautiful chandelier look to it. Lower tier still flowing. Beautiful hike. snow on half of trail. few slick spots. No wild life seen today. Just a deer leg on trail....

Took my daughter, her boyfriend and my best friend on this hike today. Great weather high 50’s, the beginning of the Trail was extremely slippery, tons of ice, once we got passed that, it was great.

Hiked this morning. It was pretty cold and the trail was snow covered. A little slick, but pretty nice this morning.

Great hike for the whole family (kids ages 15,11,9,7) with both uphill and downhill going in each direction. The mud on the trail was frozen going up, but was a little slick on the way back, but it wasn't a big deal. The views are gorgeous and the waterfall is super stunning. The traffic on the trail heading to the falls was light, but by the time we were leaving, it was crowded. I guess that's what you get on a Saturday, even this late in the year. Definitely want to try this one out at different times of the year, but it was very pretty today.

Was great to take the kids on and the scenery was amazing.

Still no snow and easily traversed ground the whole way as of 20-Oct. Always a beautiful hike, most leaves have fallen at this point but the remaining yellow is vibrant!

Gorgeous hike. Hiked it with 5 kids all under the age of 9. Wouldn't consider this hike "easy" for that reason and actually more moderate. 9 & 6 year old boys loved it. Falls are beautiful and refreshing