Stewart Falls Trail

MODERATE 1,229 reviews

Stewart Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Stewart Falls is one of the most scenic, and photogenic, waterfalls in northern Utah. It falls in two tiers, and is over 200 feet tall. It is a moderate hike through a beautiful forest on the east side of Mt Timpanogos.

20 minutes ago

Relatively easy quick and fun if you start from Sundance resort

Good little hike with a waterfall at the end - entrance fees waived by a National Parks pass.

Not my favorite hike, but it’s nice. It’s a pretty busy trail but the waterfall at the end is fun.

9.3.18 - this is a pretty easy trail. I started it at 8:15am and the lots and side of the road were so full. but the time I came back down it was a circus on the trail. there were so many people it was like bestbuy and Walmart on black Friday. lots of crying kinds and college kids blasting the music. I'd say do this trail during the week, very early in the morning. you'll enjoy it so much better.

Great hike for children. Bring or wear Chacos, Keens, or other water shoes.

Fun, short hike! Parking lot fills up quick, and it costs 6$ to get in. Fun for families, pets, as a date, etc

A beautiful hike! Definitely go early because we got there @8 and as we were getting back to the car @10:30 tons of people hiking up. Next time we would go an hour earlier but 8 wasn’t that bad

Great hike!! Went up early in the morning to avoid people and I was glad I did!! By the time I got to the waterfall, and hung out for 15 mins, the people started rolling in. I had very quiet hike to the fall, but going back was getting crowded. The pup and I will for sure be going back.

My husband and my first ever hike. Beautiful and easy morning. Parts were crowded but likely had to do with being Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Will definitely be something we do again.

My first hike ..had an amazing guide and a great time had ..

Hiked this 3 days ago on Friday. A good quick hike to a beautiful waterfall! A great morning hike to get acclimated to the area. Hiked Timpanogos the next day.

I love it, I went last week and I saw a moose in the middle of the trail. Great experience!

Great hike but very crowded and a lot of dogs (poop).

Beautiful trail leading to beautiful falls! This is a good choice for kids and inexperienced hikers.

amazing trail, moderately trafficked but not too bad, the landscape and veiws/forests are beautiful, no complaints!

This was a good hike! Not too steep not too difficult! Gorgeous views and we saw a moose right next to the trail.

beautiful hike all the way through and the prize at the end the waterfall perfect.

I agree with Chris, this is more of a moderate trail. By the end my friend and I were very sore. The pain was well worth seeing the falls. Take lots of water!

fun destination hike with a great payoff. falls were amazing. most of the trail is fairly ez, but there are a couple of steep sections.
took the whole family, my 9 year old struggled just a bit.
took 2 hours.
GPS had it at 4.3 miles.

Great trail. It's well covered and stays pretty cool. The slightly steeper parts are well staggered, good exercise but not too difficult. Very beautiful location.

This is my favorite hike of the season. I’ve done Cecret Lake, Big Baldy, Silver Lake and Battle Creek Falls. I’d give it a 5* if it wasn’t for the amateurs hiking on the trail. If you see a trail runner, move over and let them pass. Falls were refreshing and great to cool off under before I headed back down.

Great hike. A little steep at places.

This trail is marked “easy” but it is not!! It is definitely “moderate” and if you are an inexperienced hiker, possibly even “difficult “. There are rocks and tree roots to navigate especially along the last section leading to the falls. And it is a challenge for small children. Most kids under 7 that I saw on the trail were not happy. One 3 year old was afraid of how high up we were along part of the trail and cried for a good part of it

Now all that being said, it is a beautiful hike!! Lots of shade, wildflowers (even in dry July), scenic views across the mountains and the waterfall did not disappoint!! Just be prepared with water and snacks, especially if you have kids with you.

I completely agree that this hike should not be categorized as ‘easy’. However, it was well worth the hike. Beautiful falls.

Absolutely gorgeous. Should not be rated easy but it depends on which parts you hike.

AllTrails rates it as easy. I’d say more moderate between easy and intermediate at 3.9 miles with 650 feet altitude gain, lots of up and down, dusty portions with a couple of tricky rock fields. Mostly not too tough but not for young children (saw lots of parents carrying little ones) or older adults.

This hike is actually 4 miles round trip. Had a blast going under the waterfall even though it was so cold it took my breath away. We hit the trail just before 8AM on Pioneer Day and it wasn't very busy and we arrived at the falls within an hour. By the time we decided to leave the falls it was a different story! The trail became very crowded with both people and dogs (mostly off leash). I would call this trail Moderate. There is quite a bit uphill. But it is doable. The waterfall is beautiful as well.

The hike is pretty easy overall. The first 2/3 going in isn’t anything special. The last bit is a lot more fun. The destination is what makes this hike well worth the journey.