Stewart Falls Trail

EASY 1,037 reviews

Stewart Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Stewart Falls is one of the most scenic, and photogenic, waterfalls in northern Utah. It falls in two tiers, and is over 200 feet tall. It is a moderate hike through a beautiful forest on the east side of Mt Timpanogos.

What a beautiful waterfall. great views, canyons, rec areas, Alta.

Once you get closer to the falls, the trail gets harder up until you get there, but still fun and family friendly.

Great trail. Lush, fern covered hillsides. Hiked down to the bottom of the falls with our 7 and 4 year olds. Looks like you can make a loop down to Sundance from the falls which we’ll try next time. Our GPS tracked it at 4 miles in and out.

Easy trail, beautiful falls

Simple and beautiful stroll.
Simple hike, would be a great trail to trail run on.
The falls are stunning
Started at 7pm, ended around 9pm. Spent some time up at the falls.

Great trail with lots of shade. Trail can get loose but nothing preventing my 4 year old from doing it. Beautiful falls.

Beautiful and easy walk in. I love the small climb up to the top of the falls especially!

Beautiful trail and so much fun!

Busy, but such a fun hike! Go early to avoid crowds.

Beautiful views along the way with a big reward at the end with a double waterfall. This hike is broader line moderate with the long incline and rocky terrain in some areas. My 10 and 9 year olds did just fine, but this hike would be challenging for younger children.

Incredible hike, and quite easy. Beautiful views the entire time.

Went on Mother’s Day. Beautiful day with some clouds, very few people. There’s somewhat of a trail to the middle of the falls (where the upper falls pool and the lower falls begin) ... Teens went up, said it was a bit sketchy.

Went with the 2 and 4 year old. Both walked most of the way to the falls. Nice and shaded. Busy, but not too busy. Great destination.

Very easy and short

This was such a fun hike. I went with my 6 year old and she did great! I wouldn't bring my younger kids. It was pretty busy on the way back so go earlier to avoid crowds!!

Nice simple trail with short steep section at beginning and end. The waterfall is beautiful. It is a very busy trail with loads of dogs.

It's certainly a good beginner's hike, but the trail is very worn, and there are always a lot of people. Also, parking costs $6

This is a great hike, but is heavily trafficked. To avoid crowds, try to start your hike before 9:00 am. Easy hike, great for kids, and LOTS of dogs.

Nice afternoon hike. There are some rocky areas that might be a tad tricky.

I would not consider this hike as easy, however the falls once you get there are amazing. I wish I would have known it was more difficult than I had anticipated I would have prepared better.

Great trail with lots of coverage and an amazing waterfall.

Stunning landscape views.....I would caution families with younger children. There are some narrow paths and very steep drop-offs along the way. I would not consider this an easy hike. It takes longer then you would think to reach the falls and requires some sure footedness over some uneven, rocky terrain at times. This is a moderate level hike for kids with some outdoor hiking experience. I would suggest ages 10 and up. We took our 6 year old and it was way too much. We are a fairly active and fit family and we had to stay focused and physically engaged the entire time. We had ideal trail conditions as well. Be careful. This is not a leisurely stroll through the mountains. Well worth it!!

Beautiful hike, we went on a cloudy day so it was the perfect weather for the hike. The waterfall is stunning and the water is super cold! Definitely do it again!

Beautiful hike, family friendly. There was a lot of traffic and the trail gets thin near the end. We hiked with a toddler and an infant in a backpack and carrier respectively. Easy hike unless you are out of shape.

The falls had a great volume and there is a nice area below the falls to take a break and let the kids play in the water.

Not sure I would agree with the “easy”designation. There are some passages that are the least little bit technical, especially for elders with bad knees. That said the trip to the waterfall is well worth it. The view is indeed lovely, There are rocks to sit on and have a snack, the children can scramble around. The aspens are lovely and from the waterfall you can see magnificent homes across the way.

Beautiful! Entrance fee, dog friendly, popular hike. Took us about 2 hours-ish out and back with a toddler in a hiking backpack. Narrow and steep in spots, a good work out for beginner hikers. Would do it again!

A good trail for all hiking levels. Make sure you have $6 if you don’t have a National Park Pass to utilize the parking lot for the trail. Very crowded on a Saturday, but hikers on the trail were very good to look out for each other on the more narrow portions. Several dogs not on leashes so just be aware if you are taking small children as we saw a few get run over accidentally by eager doggos on the trail. Overall a Saturday well spent with amazing views!

Beautiful trail with an excellent destination. Four stars just because it is very busy and you have to pay to enter the national forest.

Love this trail! Leads to a gorgeous waterfall at the end. Have done it with kids and it’s very user friendly.

Nice trail. Aspen trees everywhere. Took a little less than two hours to complete for myself and my dog. Narrow trail at points but for the most part very relaxing and beautiful hike. Entrance fee to get to trail head.

this was my second hike. I'm not sure I would rate it 'easy', as I am just beginning to take an active role in my health and started hiking last week. it is definitely beautiful. it's a narrow Trail, with tree roots sticking up throughout the middle of the trail. there are inclines, that are a great workout, but a little difficult if you're just starting out hiking.