Squaw Peak Trail

Squaw Peak Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, rock climbing, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

8 minutes ago

Super fun trail! I took my Australian Shepherd and she did great. Take water and a camera. Good climb, pretty challenging even if you are fit. the views are spectacular and totally worth it! definitely recommend this hike

Love this hike. Beautiful meadow in spring before Peak.

Ouch! Super steep but awesome hike! 2 hours up, 1.5 hours down for us.

Incredible views for the length of hike! One of my favorites.

Steep hike but the views are incredible. The flowers are beautiful also.

I've been craving this hike since my first time here last summer, and it did not disappoint! I brought a friend with me this time and he loved it too. Early in the morning it wasn't too hot, the path was shady, and there were very few people around. The climb up gets a but steep, by my only real struggle is the climb down, trying not to slip on the rocky sections of path. If you like a good workout and a great view, I can't recommend this enough!

It was definitely a difficult hike on the up hill!! However the views at the top were so worth it!! It was shady and beautiful and green!! Really enjoyed this hike although it was challenging for me!

Fun quick hike, took us about 1:45 to get up. A couple places are pretty steep but the clearing and views at the top are great

Loved! I did it yesterday and I don't feel sore at all. It's strenuous but definitely doable!

I thought this hike was beautiful, the first half is a wide well paved trail, the last half is a steep dirt trail. It was pretty muddy and was slick. By time I got to the top I was feeling pretty tired. I hike frequently, but rarely hikes that are this intense. It is definitely doable and I would suggest it to anybody. Just pack lots of water.

Great view of The Valley and Utah lake from the top. It took around 3 hours round trip. It's pretty steep as you go up but not too bad. The river that it talks about in the description is just the river that runs through Rock Canyon. The trail for Squaw Peak follows the river for about a mile or two and then turns off and goes up the mountain.

One of my favorite hikes. I've done this one about a dozen times in the last year and it is beautiful anytime. In June there are many beautiful wildflowers. The trail is pretty steep, but the views amazing. Trail is shaded a good portion of the way as well. Usually takes a little less than 2 hours up, and over an hour on the way down for my group

Great trail. Took us 1.5 hours up and 1 down.