Squaw Peak Trail

Squaw Peak Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, rock climbing, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Nice monochromatic views on the lower part. Muddy and windy at the top with spectacular 360 views near the peak.

Poor signage, so make sure you're aware of your route. Stay left going up.

Really warm today. Takes about 4 hours overall. Pretty steep in parts. Bring poles and lots of energy!

this is a great trail, with beautiful views of Orem and Provo.

We completed this hike back in July. It took us roughly 4 hours carrying our 1 year old son. The view was amazing!

Squaw Peak or Rock Canyon is one of my favorite places in Provo. It's so close and whether you have an hour or more it never disappoints. I've done this in the summer and autumn and love both seasons. It is fairly steep and some loose rock. Going up isn't really an issue but coming down I did slip a couple of times. The trail is well marked and the view from the top is amazing. Bring water and some snacks/lunch cause you're going to need them especially during the summer months. It is about 7 miles.

I hiked it two nights ago. It was very awesome and super easy. I would do this again but during the day so I can see the scenery.

I went hiking up this trail yesterday and it was a blast! I brought my dog and the trails were perfect on the way up. It got a little chilly on the way down after the sun had set behind the mountains so be aware of that. Beautiful view and I will definitely do this again. Took me 2 hours and 50 min from bottom to top to bottom.

I've been sticking to Easy & Moderate Trails since moving to Utah recently, so this was my first 'difficult' rated trail in the area. Took about 4.5 hours, was pretty challenging as it's uphill the entire route & as another person mentioned coming back down on rocky terrain can be tough on your legs. But, it's totally worth it! It's a beautiful view from the peak, and in the fall the leaves in the canyon were stunning. Make sure you keep left at the fork after the 5th bridge (they are numbered).

Such a beautiful hike! A bit steep at times, but totally worth it. The view of the valley and the mountains is amazing, and in the fall the leaves are gorgeous. It took us about five hours but we stopped to take A LOT of pictures :)

Awesome hike.