Spring Hollow Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We hiked this Saturday up to probably .25 miles from the top. It was a beautiful trail and great exercise! The last mile was all in snow that at times got up to a foot deep. I would say it’s still hikeable but it’s freezing at the top! I would take some good sweats, waterproof shoes, and gloves are a must. No one had hiked to the point we had got to though, so I think we were still on the trail, but it was beautiful! The point we had got to and back was closer to 11 miles verse 9 though... perhaps this next week will melt a little of the snow and make it still hikeable- I definitely want to try this one again!

Yeah I also agree this trail should definitely be rated as hard, but as a hard trail I love it! I hiked it multiple times in the middle of the day in the heat of the summer(about 95 degrees) and it was hot but not unbearable due to the trees shading the vast majority of the hike after the first half mile. Along the way you get some good views back out to Logan canyon, but unfortunately nothing overly spectacular until you top out at Logan Peak. The last couple miles you are on a road which kinda sucks but it’s not busy by any means, and once u get to the top it’s all worth it!!

Saturday, September 09, 2017

One of my all time favorite trails. I agree that the trail should be rated "hard" rather than "moderate" if you continue all the way to Logan Peak (of course you can turn back at anytime and it's still worth it). Pretty technical at parts for trail running but a well kept trail, for the most part. It's great!!!

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Not worth the intense climb. I'm a very seasoned hiker and I thought about turning around many times in the first 2 miles due to the steep climb. Once you get up a little higher and into the more rolling part it's really pretty but not worth the climb up.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

This was a challenging hike for me. If you have bad knees, I would not recommend this trail, especially the going down part (trail is very steep). Make sure you are in good shape as it goes up, up, and up some more. Steep trail with some difficult terrain (rocks, 'slate'). Beautiful hike and you may be the only one on the trail. I think we saw one other hiker on the trail.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

My husband and I are from Utah County and wanted to try a hike out while on our way home from Bear Lake. Several factors played into this being a difficult and laughable experience for us. We are out of shape, we are not used to the high elevation, and we started out in the middle of the day.
We had fun and laughed every time we had to take a break but this hike in our opinion should not be rated as "moderate". Several hikes on this app that are rated "moderate" are drastically easier than this and it was misleading for us. The terrain, steepness, and altitude together makes this more a "hard" rated hike. I tried to take out those previously mentions factors to see if it would still be difficult and I do think it would have.

Anyone considering this hike you have been warned and enjoy! It truly was a beautiful view and the challenge was appreciated!

Monday, March 27, 2017

Great hike with good views!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Nice trail with good views. I hiked it in the snow, so it took a while, and I didn't even get halfway. I think it would be a fairly quick hike without snow on the ground. You can find fossils in the rock piles by the road about 0.5 miles in.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Perfect for a short hike, when you want distance and elevation, but not the people. I normally go up the river trail side starting at Spring Hallow Campground and come down by Crimson trailhead.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Thursday, July 07, 2016

One of my favorite trails in Logan Canyon! I like hike this starting from the dam as it is much easier than going through the Spring Hollow Campground. There are a few more bikes this way, but it makes the hike much easier.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This hike was a ton of fun! After the first 2 miles or so it leveled of into a BEAUTIFUL meadow with amazing scenery. The first two miles wasn't as fun. Bring a lot of water and maybe a snack

Friday, May 15, 2015

Beautiful trail. The first two miles are rocky and steep, and may be a little dangerous when wet, but if you can get past those first two miles, you'll find yourself in a secluded grove of trees with beautiful views along the way. The trail goes farther than shown on the map, so feel free to hike farther up the mountain. I didn't see any wild life, but that doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Sunday, August 03, 2014

Very steep and rocky hike for the first 2 miles then levels off a bit in the alpine elevations. Watch for moose that hide in the tall grass, one decided to charge us after we scared it while it was hiding in the tall grass near the trail. It cut and ran off before it got close enough to attack. Bring lots of water and trekking poles will help the knees when descending. Bring bear spray and keep it handy for bears and moose.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I found this hike strenuous and rough on the knees once you come down from the China Wall. The view of the China Wall was amazing and u can see across Logan Valley to Wind Cave. It took awhile for my knees to recover from this one.

Monday, September 04, 2017