Spring Hollow Trail

Spring Hollow Trail is a 8.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great hike with good views!

Nice trail with good views. I hiked it in the snow, so it took a while, and I didn't even get halfway. I think it would be a fairly quick hike without snow on the ground. You can find fossils in the rock piles by the road about 0.5 miles in.

Perfect for a short hike, when you want distance and elevation, but not the people. I normally go up the river trail side starting at Spring Hallow Campground and come down by Crimson trailhead.

One of my favorite trails in Logan Canyon! I like hike this starting from the dam as it is much easier than going through the Spring Hollow Campground. There are a few more bikes this way, but it makes the hike much easier.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This hike was a ton of fun! After the first 2 miles or so it leveled of into a BEAUTIFUL meadow with amazing scenery. The first two miles wasn't as fun. Bring a lot of water and maybe a snack

Friday, May 15, 2015

Beautiful trail. The first two miles are rocky and steep, and may be a little dangerous when wet, but if you can get past those first two miles, you'll find yourself in a secluded grove of trees with beautiful views along the way. The trail goes farther than shown on the map, so feel free to hike farther up the mountain. I didn't see any wild life, but that doesn't mean there wasn't any.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunday, August 03, 2014

Very steep and rocky hike for the first 2 miles then levels off a bit in the alpine elevations. Watch for moose that hide in the tall grass, one decided to charge us after we scared it while it was hiding in the tall grass near the trail. It cut and ran off before it got close enough to attack. Bring lots of water and trekking poles will help the knees when descending. Bring bear spray and keep it handy for bears and moose.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I found this hike strenuous and rough on the knees once you come down from the China Wall. The view of the China Wall was amazing and u can see across Logan Valley to Wind Cave. It took awhile for my knees to recover from this one.