Spring Creek Canyon

Spring Creek Canyon is a 4.9 mile out and back trail located near Cedar City, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November.

The first two miles are tough when it's hot, but after that, it turns into a trail that's worth every step. It becomes very shaded, and breathes like nature itself. I can't wait to come back!

Really fine hike. Next time we'll continue past the rockfall. We're told there are some really nice side canyons further on.

Great canyon and easy! If you want to push back into the slot canyon it gets just a little bit more challenging, but well worth the time! Very pretty in the fall!

This hike does not disappoint. We hiked about 7 miles out and back. First few miles are very easy, basically walking, and would be suitable for families. You can continue on and get into a little more technical hiking. Every time you turn a corner you are met with beautiful views. This was our favorite hike of the week. Not highly traveled which lends to peaceful experience. A must do!

my first Solo Hike here in Utah ! the Canyon was beautiful
saw a rattle snake

I just did this hike today with my family. I would recommend it for all people it wasnt very busy and felt more peaceful because of it. if your down on a trip I would recommend trying to do this one.

Wonderful hike for those who do not want to tackle technical climbs to see beautiful canyon landscapes. It can be done with small children or pets without too much problem. A recent wind storm has left some debris across the trail, so you have to step over or under some brush or tree trunks. Still a great hike for those who want to see canyons without too much challenge.

Spring Creek Canyon trail is South of the kanarraville creek trail. You follow a trickle of creek into an open desert area but there are no Waterfalls that I have seen. About a mile and half into the trail forks off into two small slot canyons. It is a pleasant easy trail, but gets much harder once you go into the Canyons. I have only been through the little slot canyon to the left. Great open view , but much different than following the Kanarraville Creek, where you get a lot more wet and there are several small waterfalls.

We only went out about 2.25 miles on this hike so we did not get to the waterfall but it was very pleasant. It was a continuous gentle uphill mostly following either the stream banks or the stream bottom. After about the first mile, the stream goes underground and the trail enters a narrows. We enjoyed this hike. In Fall the maple foliage was lovely and it was near peak in mid-October. We had the trail completely to ourselves on a Monday.