Spring Creek Canyon

Spring Creek Canyon is a 4.9 mile out and back trail located near Cedar City, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A doctor told me recently that kids get sick bc they don’t play in the mud enough. Well, do I have the trail for you! My hubs and I, and our 2 dogs, hiked this trail today and had a lot of fun. The first mile or so is super muddy, but dries up a bit when you get a little farther. I’ve always been more comfortable hiking in sneakers, but I definitely recommend hiking boots for this trail. It’s a nice, easy hike that we all enjoyed a lot. The dogs had a blast running through the mud and the snow as well!

Beautiful views with surprise slot canyon. Easy trail for hikers. We went to the end and it's a full 6 mile round trip trail

Our most favorite hike so far this season. Once in the canyon it even smells wonderful. Great family hike. Took us about 2.5 hours.

Good ride up and fun ride down lava flow trail!

just beautiful

A beautiful hike. Didn't even realize how far I had gone

Lots of places to explore, not much traffic, and absolutely beautiful!

Very beautiful.

Great hike after you get back into the canyon. the rock walls are incredible. not to many campsites..

Great scenery and very uncrowded. Would recommend!

awesome hike with beautiful scenery, would like to do it again when water is flowin through

This trail is amazing! It's easy and has an ever changing and exciting landscape. It seems to go on forever and you can turn back at any time. Near the end there are tons of fun boulders and climbs you can climb over and find your way around but nothing that needs equipment. The slot canyon kept us cool from the hot sun. It's very green and would be positively gorgeous in the fall. This is my new favorite chill hike. The best part about it is that it isn't very well known so it's pretty empty. We had the whole hike to ourselves!

Beautiful hike

We were the only ones on the entire trail. The first 1.5 miles to the start of the slot canyons is relatively uninspiring. This part would be hot in the middle of the summer. Once you reach the slot canyon at 1.5 miles, the temperature drops and the walk is much more interesting. The trail is not really marked and we made the turnaround at the point where the boulders start to collect in the canyon (at approx. 2.5 miles). Just prior to turning around we heard an owl calling from a perch high up on the wall. We believe it was a Mexican Spotted owl. We were lucky enough to watch it for a short while before heading back.

fantastic walk, very easy, with awesome views and the dogs loved it!

Really mellow hike, eventually when you get up into the slot canyon it's rad

Nice Spring time hike with my son. lots a beautiful surroundings.

Beautiful! Not the grandeur of Zion or Bryce, but there is a lot to be said about solitude. We were the only ones on the trail the entire time.

Not sure if I actually finished it but it was a beautiful hike!

The first two miles are tough when it's hot, but after that, it turns into a trail that's worth every step. It becomes very shaded, and breathes like nature itself. I can't wait to come back!