Spider Lake Trail

Spider Lake Trail is a 19.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mountain Home, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

From Heber City, take US Highway 40 east 69 miles to Duchesne. Then tate SR 87 north 14 miles to Mountain Home. Follow Moon Lake Road north 4 miles to where Yellowstone River Road Intersects on the east side. From this point, follow Yellowstone River Road another 4 miles to Hell's Canyon Road. Hell's Canyon trailhead is west of the Center Park trailhead.

Spider lake was beautiful and serene. We were the only people there the whole time we were camped. however the trail is rocky, hiking it was not enjoyable, it was very difficult. warning to those on horseback to avoid this trail at all cost. the trail was so rocky and difficult that all of our horses suffered. We ended up having to spend extra time walking them out. beautiful area, but won't go on this trail ever again. especially with a horse

If you want a backpacking, butt-kicking trail-riding experience, then this is your trail. You'll feel SO glad when reach Spider lake!! If you are wanting to go to the top of the drainage, then Spider should be your destination for the 1st night especially to acclimate so you don't get altitude sickness. Hiked this in 2013 and again in 2014. Very rewarding and crazy elevation changes.

normbagley@gmail.com

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Amazing! The hike beats you up no doubt, but once you get there it is 110% worth it. Fishing was unbelievable as well. Honestly you can catch 40 fish is 50 casts up there. It's the most rewarding hike ever, and there's tons of water on the trail so you can stop and drink as many times as you want. Bring a water purifier. Overall, my favorite hike ever. Would do a million times over.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

I would rate this higher, but since 4 stars is "I would do it again", I can't go that high because this trail chewed me up and I doubt I will do it again. This trail was as advertised hard. The elevation changes were really challenging, but that was my fault for not being as prepared as I should have been. Going in I had support and made the 9.8 in 10 hours. Coming out we hiked out to Swasey Creek and camped just off the trail. I would suggest doing this in and out unless you really are prepared for the elevation changes and the distance. Having said that it was truly mythical. Beautiful and amazing views from the tops and descents through some amazing meadows. There is also good water several spots along the trail.