Solitude Lake to Twin Lake Loop

Solitude Lake to Twin Lake Loop is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brighton, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

a great intermediate hike. amazing wildfowers and last time there was a bull moose feeding on the edge of lake solitude.

The hike from Silver Lake to Lake Solitude is super easy. We arrived at Lake Solitude at dusk, and it was gorgeous. It then gets much steeper as it winds along a road. The view of Twin Lakes from the top is AMAZING! Coming down to Twin Lakes from up top is quite steep and narrow. Then beware of a large section of loose little rocks on the way back down to Silver Lake from Twin Lakes - worth it for amazing views (especially from one little spot off to the side of the trail).

This was a beautiful hike. The only reason why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is because it isn't well marked. There are many trails that shoot off, and it is easy to get on the wrong trail, which happened to my husband and I. Thankfully, I used the map from this app which took into account my location via GPS to see where we were. This came in handy when we found ourselves on the wrong trail, which ended up being a shortcut. We went to Lake Solitude first before making the trek up to Twin Lakes. The hike from Silver Lake to Lake Solitude inclined but only moderately and was easy. After Lake Solitude the trail climbs abruptly up to Twin Lakes. The view of Twin Lakes was stunning. We would definatley do it again!

Thursday, August 17, 2017