Skyline Drive I

Skyline Drive I is a 21.1 mile point-to-point trail located near Bountiful, Utah that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and off road driving and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

Got 1/3 of the way up and had to turn around. Still closed for winter... We’ll be back in a month.

Easy fun off-roading

off road driving

Completed this drive often. Always spectacular. Early mornings and sunset is my fav. Tons of ATV's and deer hunting. Mountain Bike, Dirt Bike, Subaru Outback and truck all work great. May have to be patient with slow or inexperienced traffic. Be careful!

off road driving

It was a blast taking my 2007 Dakota, I didn't even need to be on 4x4, although my truck got Firestone's mud tires. It was quite busy, lots of ATV and pickup traffic.

Really enjoyed the early season snow. The views are stunning. Trails are easy to moderate. But fun and fast!

off road driving

We took our 2011 RAV4 up. First time ever off roaring so it was a little intense but fun!

Top gate still closed as of 6/25/17

off road driving

Great for drivers new to off roaring. The views are beautiful.

Drove up the Farmington canyon side and the connecting road to Bountiful canyon is finally open. Great easy route point to point! The Jeep trail at buckland flats has also been repaired at the top. I took a drive down that and it gets pretty bad through some spots but is doable with a good off-road vehicle.
The exit above the B is still VERY sketchy.

Nice easy trail, great views all the way up.

off road driving

Best local trail. The skyline drive entrances on the Farmington and Bountiful side are still closed. I've been up 4 or 5 times in the past 2 weeks checking to see if they're open. I'd really love to be able to do the whole route.

Fun drive with beautiful views. Virtually any vehicle can do the Farmington side all the way to the top. However, the gate to Bountiful was closed on July 9th, 2017. l
Lots of side roads to explore, however lots of ATV traffic.

off road driving

Rode this today with my wife and it was a very nice ride to escape the city heat.

Not a hike, a drive. I have driven this canyon no less than 50 times and ridden ATV's up no less than 100 times. Grew up riding it and yet it never gets old. Cool drive to get you away from the hustle of the cities/towns!

Sunday, June 11, 2017

pretty fun but half way up road to the peak is closed still don't know when it will open.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Been on this trail a couple times. It's a nice getaway close to home.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Went around dusk and was amazed by the views. Must do easy off-road trail. From draper to Ogden you can see northern Utah from above.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

This was an absolute blast!! The trail gets rocky and a little sketchy at times when in a truck, but this is definitely something we will do again!!! Definitely a good way to awe out of town guests when visiting.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Such a fun drive. Did it September 4th and the weather was perfect. Virtually any vehicle can make the Skyline portion of this trail. I wouldn't recommend it, but I even saw Infinity G35's and random cars out there. The view is awesome once you're at the top. About halfway through there is a fork that takes you to the top of Skyline (left) or to Bountiful (right). I went to the top of Skyline and hit Bountiful on the way back. I do not recommend the Bountiful side unless you have 4x4 and something that sits higher. The terrain is way worse on the Bountiful side but still nothing too crazy. Completed in a 2014 Jeep Cherokee 4x4.

Friday, July 01, 2016

Took my jeep out. Wanted to hike some but this was my first time up there. Will be going up again and hiking some next time. The drive was awesome - gravel road was well maintained. The view was breath taking.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Snow on the trail where I turned around. A couple of muddy spots in the way up.

scenic driving
Monday, November 02, 2015

A great drive with some amazing views. We had our Jeep Wrangler but the gravel road was well maintained and you never needed 4x4. We also got to see paragliders launching from the side of the mountain which was a real treat.

Friday, July 03, 2015

It was fun to drive above all the trails I would normally be hiking. These trails are a lot of fun and the area is beautiful.