Skull Crack Trail

Skull Crack Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Great hike along Causey Reservoir Trail Skull crack Trail on the North shore of Causey reservoir is a beautiful hiking trail winding its way from the North parking area to the furthermost reaches of the Eastern arm of the lake . The trail rises gently to about 700 feet above the lake then returns to lake level. This trail is popular among hikers. Bikers. Horses riders and fishermen and all others who love a good hike and a beautiful view. During the summer the lake turn an awesome aqua green due to the minerals found in the water. The lake is also a popular spot for canoes, and kayaks. This trail is very popular during spring summer and fall but has also been known to attract a few winter snowshoers . So what ever your pleasure you will find it at Skull Crack and Causey Reservoir.

It took us 3 hours and 15 minutes to hike with our 3 kids. We carried two of them but the 5 year old did great walking on her own. Great views and totally worth hiking in the fall to see the salmon run and the pretty fall colors. We will make this a yearly tradition I think.

This trail kicked my arse. First hike since my knee surgery. Loved and enjoyed every minute of it!!!

I hiked this trail today to do a little fishing at the River Inlet. I'm not in the greatest shape; I found the trail to be somewhat challenging and it took me about 1-1/2 hours to hump in. Once I arrived at the Inlet, I was a little disappointed at the amount of people/campers/kayakers in the area. But, that's what I get for going on a Sunday morning. The kayakers were congregating right in the casting areas. Also, there's a real lack of shoreline here; I was forced to do a little impromptu wet wading. The fishing was spectacular. The rainbows were hungry and aggressive. Caught 4 times my limit (not that that matters... C&R). If you're looking for a new place to fish Causey, I highly recommend fishing the inlet, if you can handle the hike.

Pretty easy trail with a steep climb heading back. The trail is pretty narrow and not super shady, but beautiful.

Absolutely breath taking

Absolutely beautiful! We ended up turning back before completing the trail as my 10 year old son was feeling anxious over the dropoffs. I'll be heading back up sans children to complete.

Great hike around Causey reservoir with great views. It was a holiday weekend so a bit busy on the trail but manageable. We took our dog and there were lots of other dogs. I'll do it again in the fall to watch the salmon spawn.

It was a lot of fun and beautiful!

Great hike!