Sipapu Bridge to Kachina Bridge Loop

Sipapu Bridge to Kachina Bridge Loop is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Blanding, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

Directions from Visitor Center: Drive westward on Utah State Road 275 a short distance to the campground road. This area is well signed.

I did the 8.6 mile full loop trail of all 3 bridges. My GPS confirmed 8.6 miles but Park ranger told me it was 10.6 miles- perhaps to scare me. Gorgeous hike through the canyon. I wore shorts but got scratched up a bit - long pants for me next time. Trail was a bit spotty in the canyon so pAy attention to cairns.

Great hike. We took out 3 girls here last summer and it was awesome. We actually hiked all the way to Owachoa Bridge which was a few miles longer. Only complaint was it is not tagged at all. Very hard to navigate. The trail crisis-crosses across the stream. If I was not an avid hiker I could see how someone may be upset with the lack of directional help. Views are beautiful.

Is anything camping ??

We extended this loop to include the Owachomo Bridge. Known as The Loop this about 9 mile loop that takes one under all three bridges is spectacular. We started at Owachomo overlook parking area and hiked the loop counterclockwise. The hike across the upper section is quick and flat. The hike down into the canyon at Sipapu and along the valley floor is harder but not strenuous. The valley trail is marked "not maintained" but it is well marked and only suffers from overgrowth in many areas. About 5 hours in all.

Take plenty of water we did the 5.9 hike which was two of the bridges down to one and up after the other then walk back to car across the Mesa views spectacular red sand in bottom of canyon hiking boots and walking sticks helped

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hike 120 miles

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

It was a nice cool day and the temp was 79 degrees.Startedthe day at Sipapu Bridge trail head and desended into the canyon. The temp droped and felt like a hole different ecosystem. Continued to Kachina Bridge and completed the hike to the last bridge, Owachomo Bridge. From Kachina to Owachomo is an unmaintained trail and takes a little navigation. Great hike around 9 miles, and would do it agin.

scenic driving
Thursday, March 21, 2013

A loop drive takes you to 3 Natural Bridges. Each stop has a trail down in the canyon to get up close and personal.