Silver Lake Trail

Silver Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near American Fork, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

old growth

Absolutely gorgeous hike that ends at a lake with cliffs on one side and a panoramic view of the valley on the other. The trail is not overly steep and is fairly well-maintained. Seasonally, there are beautiful wild flowers throughout the hike, even wild strawberries! Great hike for your dog. You walk through the river two/three times so they can get a drink. Pack some flip flops so you can get your feet wet at the lake, and if you have a dog bring a leash because it is a popular hike. Please note that this is not the Silver Lake up at Brighton. The Silver Lake up at Brighton is in a protected watershed and does not allow dogs.

Great trail! We went around 10:30 and got lucky enough to see 3 moose and it happened to snow while we were hiking. The lake is gorgeous. Good day hike! We did it slow to enjoy everything and made it out by 1:00

It felt difficult at times but it’s probably just me cause I saw kids as young as 3. The lake is nice but the best view is really the valley half way up. The aspen trees are absolutely stunning. Early October I was wearing a T-shirt. Several places I went on the wrong path but didn’t took me long to found out. There are two paths at the trail head take the one on the left.

Trail was alright, quite rocky and somewhat steep, but the lake and view at the top were 100% worth all of it. The temps were about in the high 30's so a hot meal at the top was incredible. Awesome experience, will definitely go again.

Watch out for Moose! Beautiful hike and almost literally ran into 3 Moose. Be sure to give them tons of room to not provoke them. Incredible hike and views.

September 22, 2017 hiked up and spent the night. very cold, but a nice hike. Rocky and a little slick at points.

First snow of the season! Awesome views and awesome lake.

The trail starts with a gradual incline and gets steeper the higher you get. It's pretty rocky throughout. Since I just moved from Arizona and I'm not used to the high elevation, this hike was a bit more challenging for me. There were a few shaded spots to stop and rest though. The lake at the top was well worth the climb. Definitely a beautiful sight to take in.

Beautiful hike. Steep and Rocky incline. Seemed longer than 4.5 miles. Excellent lake at the top of the hike. Plan 2 hours up unless you hike consistently. Would like to camp out at the lake next time. Bring lunch and consider swimming in the lake even though the water is cold. Will do again.

I found the trail head information misleading regarding the length of the trail. While the views are nice and the ascent moderate, the best part was the lake at the top. While I found the water cold, it was refreshing and I went for a swim. The area is rocky so wear your sneakers when swimming. I would return to this hike. If I had a more time and was not leaving, i would have swam more and taken another hike in the afternoon.

My tracker recorded closer to 5 miles round trip. Beautiful hike, mostly sunny on the way up so go early. The lake was fabulous! Walk to the right to see the top of the waterfall.