Silver Lake Trail

Silver Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near American Fork, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

old growth

Absolutely gorgeous hike that ends at a lake with cliffs on one side and a panoramic view of the valley on the other. The trail is not overly steep and is fairly well-maintained. Seasonally, there are beautiful wild flowers throughout the hike, even wild strawberries! Great hike for your dog. You walk through the river two/three times so they can get a drink. Pack some flip flops so you can get your feet wet at the lake, and if you have a dog bring a leash because it is a popular hike. Please note that this is not the Silver Lake up at Brighton. The Silver Lake up at Brighton is in a protected watershed and does not allow dogs.

Veri nice hike with beautiful views and nice trails. It took us about 2 hours from the trailhead to the Lake at the top but we were stoping very often to take photos. We even encounter a Moose grazing about 50 yards from the trail. It only gets steep about the last mile before you get to the lake but other than that I rate the trail as moderate.

Beautiful hike - not terribly difficult. Very scenic view at the top. I would love to come back here during the summer.

Hiked up in the dark. Woke up to gorgeous views of the lake

Great trail! We went around 10:30 and got lucky enough to see 3 moose and it happened to snow while we were hiking. The lake is gorgeous. Good day hike! We did it slow to enjoy everything and made it out by 1:00

It felt difficult at times but it’s probably just me cause I saw kids as young as 3. The lake is nice but the best view is really the valley half way up. The aspen trees are absolutely stunning. Early October I was wearing a T-shirt. Several places I went on the wrong path but didn’t took me long to found out. There are two paths at the trail head take the one on the left.

Trail was alright, quite rocky and somewhat steep, but the lake and view at the top were 100% worth all of it. The temps were about in the high 30's so a hot meal at the top was incredible. Awesome experience, will definitely go again.

Watch out for Moose! Beautiful hike and almost literally ran into 3 Moose. Be sure to give them tons of room to not provoke them. Incredible hike and views.