Silver Lake Loop Trail

Silver Lake Loop Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.9 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Please note that trail is closed to walkers during snowy conditions. The trail remains open for cross county skiers during winter months.

Decently difficult trail with reward at the end! Love seeing the lakes.

recorded Silver Lake Loop Trail

Crowded but nice .

Lovely easy walk.

I do this “hike” all of the time with my 3 year old and now 1 year old. It is super easy, beautiful views, and fun for kids (especially if you bring duck food to feed the ducks. That is the highlight).

loved! we took the added hike to Twin Lake which was a bit steep for my kids (age 7, age 10), but they hung on there and we loved reaching the lake. on the way back down to Silver Lake, we saw a 2 point buck & two doe. Gorgeous dusk hike!

I'm a very over weight non-hiker, and forgot to put my sneakers on as well... this was easy peezy. Very, very busy.

Great little stroll and nice for out-of-town family and friends who are getting acclimated to the altitude. Nice to do on a weekday when it’s a lot less crowded!

Saw 2 moose great walk

it was beautiful! I love outdoors and with little kids its sometimes hard to hike, but this one is perfect for little ones...

It was l lots of fun. My husband, daughter, grandson & I went. We packed a picnic lunch ahead of time and ate it there. There was a few bugs. My daughter & grandson got bug bites. There is a few spots were it is muddy but that too bad.

Pretty and very easy. Lots of mosquitoes so remember to bring your bug spray.

Very pretty location. It is a very easy walk.

Great trail for families. Our 4 yr old walked it with no problems. There were only a few snow patches that were easy to cross.

Ice is mostly melted on the water for you fishermen. DWR is stocking next week, but today the fly fishing was

This is a beautiful, easy trail. I recommend a walking stick when there’s melting snow on the path. I sank over a foot deep a few times and there were some slippery slopes.

It's beautiful up there but the loop trail is still covered in snow which we were surprised since it is June. The drive is still worth it though because it's so pretty.

This trail was a nice loop. It was covered with snow but was very enjoyable and picturesque. Definitely recommend!

6/8/19 - still mostly covered in inches and inches of snow! Wear proper shoes.

The lake, boardwalk, and trails are still buried under snow as of 4/27/2019.

Easy, enjoyable hike!

Love this area its awesome and beautiful

Beautiful, easy, leisurely walk. October 19 packed snow, icy in the morning and muddy in the afternoon.

Packed slush and ice on most of the path today, October 13. Lots of parents and kids slipping around. Some puddles in places. Bring boots with good tread or microspikes. Your feet will get wet this week. Gorgeous and sunny today, a beautiful walk as the lake begins to freeze.

Really pretty lake, especially with the aspens changing colors. Easy loop, great for kids and we will head back tomorrow with our grandson to head up to Solitude Lake from here.

Pleasant easy stroll. Path is easy enough for strollers and wheelchairs. The boardwalk is fun. So are the Pokestops and gyms ;)