Silver Island Mountains Back Country Byway

Silver Island Mountains Back Country Byway is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wendover, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

scenic driving

off road driving

It is a hidden gem, not so many knows about this area. I have found this area by curiosity when i went to the speedway. The byway itself is pretty easy to drive. The adventurous in me made me explore some trails and it was a blast!! I went in with my 07 Dodge Dakota with a set of Firestone Destination M/T and did great. I will be back for sure, and this time, my wife will be with me and see why i love this state so much

off road driving
Sunday, October 12, 2014

Over 100 miles on the ATV, never had to back track once. The trails around here are endless. The mountains are rugged and I had a blast exploring. I saw a few old mines, some F-16's using the range, and then completed the day by cursing around the floating Island. I made some good little hikes while out here also. One being Lumas Peak, a mean bugger to climb. The rock is sharp and unforgiving. Overall wonderful area to explore.