Silver Glance Lake is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near American Fork, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,395 feet Route Type: Out & Back

As of 5/28/19, segments of this trail are closed, including the road leading to the trailhead. Plan on adding 2-3 miles to your hike.

1 minute ago

Very good hike but not too steep. Plenty of shade and creeks so pretty good for dogs. Not many people go up to the second lake so you also have a good chance of seeing elk or moose. You can also summit the peak from the second lake.

Great trail, with great views of Timpanogos. Lake is remarkable. Trail was mostly dry with a few patches of mud and snow. Lots of Aspen.

icy

Trail is great up to Silver Lake with some water and mud right before it. From there to Glance it's all snow and spikes and poles are very helpful although it's possible without. I recommend going early before the sun softens the snow too much. Beautiful up there where it's still winter able to look down at spring below!

As of 5/19/20 the gate is open. Up to silver lake the trail is clear of snow but from silver lake up to silver glance lake it’s a scramble. It is basically a make your own trail after silver lake.

Some snow up there right now but you can still get up there.

wonderful tough hike. I've hiked to silver lake a dozen times over the years, but this was my second time heading up this high. Beautiful hike right before winter. It you want a little guidance to the secret destination up here let me know.

Gate is closed, which adds an extra 3+ miles round trip. We also made it to the Excalibur which was sketchy but amazing. My friend lost her iPhone on the trail somewhere that has a white marbled case if anyone heads up in the next few days and come across it contact me.

closed

Road to trail head closed! ;(

Love this hike but even Silver Glance is getting a bit crowded for my tastes. Even this late in the season there’s a lot of traffic. With a bit of snow on the ground it can be tricky to follow the trail once you’re up past Silver Lake. Absolutely gorgeous at the top.

fee

Great trail with fantastic views. Make sure you go up to the base of the granite face just past the lake. You get a fantastic view of Timpanogos.

Gorgeous day for a hike! Fall colors starting to come out, bet next weekend will be even better. Pretty easy hike to Silver Lake, so I added on the 0.7 mile hike up to the smaller lake, which was fairly steep. Silver Lake was definitely prettier.

Ended up at Red Baldy in search of Excalibur sword :O ! Extra 3 miles but good work out and extra credit view of entire Wasatch range

I LOVED this hike. The first part to silver lake is relatively short and easy compared to other options nearby. Silver Lake is a reward in and of itself, but continuing up the steeper trail to Silver Glance Lake is worth it. I didn't know about the sword, but the view of Silver Lake half way up the trail with the fall colors is wonderful. For recent pics, https://etbtravelphotography.com/2019/10/03/hikes-in-american-fork-canyon/

Set out this morning to find the excalibur located at the peak of the mountain. After scrambling across some loose rocks and reaching the summit I was able to locate it. The views from the top are definitely worth hiking up to the Silver Glance and even beyond. I definitely have pictures and memories to take back to Florida with me.

We drove up in a downpour but as soon as we parked it stopped. The trail had a tiny river running through it on the way up to the first creek crossing. I highly recommend this trail on a non sunny hot day. The trail is pretty open not far after the start of the trail. The dirt also gets really hot to burn my dogs paws. we had to run to shade spots.

We got wrecked by rain but it was still awesome!

Great trail! It has great views the whole way.

Heavily trafficked. Lots of people up to Silver Lake, but almost no one during the last mile to Silver Glance Lake. Definitely worth the elevation to get to the quiet and solitude!