Silver Flat Lake Trail

Silver Flat Lake Trail is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near American Fork, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This connector trail links the Horse Transfer TH to the Silver Lake Flat road near the dam. This trail provides access to the lake without use of the lower section of the road

Not a bad hike. About 1.75 miles up from the main trailhead. Took me roughly 30 min to the lake with a mixture of trail running and hiking. I would give this hike a 4* if it weren’t for the road access. I would rather hike to a lake that has only one way to it...foot. Also, the total ascent was only 886 from the trailhead. Total time 1:03. Oh and there was a dead horse on the trail.

This is a beautiful hike. The wild flowers were starting to bloom (June 27) and the lake was gorgeous. A good mid-range hike.

Shocked by the 4.5 stars. Least favorite hike of the summer. The trail has been badly worn from horses and is extremely loose and rocky. Tons of exposure the whole way. Disappointed in the lake because water level is way down. I strongly recommend just driving to the Silver Lake TH and hiking to Silver Lake.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

We just backpacked and tent camped two separate nights in the last week here with our dog and 4 year old son. It is a fairly easy hike and camping by the lake up top was amazing!!!!

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Beautiful and fun for kids!

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Always a gorgeous hike!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Amazing view. Worth it!

Monday, June 05, 2017

Just went up 6/3/17 with the family and the views where perfect, clear warm day. The last half mile still had snow on the trail so we hiked in the creek or snow melt run off .
Silver lake is still frozen over so didn't get any fishing in.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Best way to enjoy this area is to make the hike in spring. Once the road opens up the hordes move in and it's a total madhouse. This is a gorgeous area and a nice moderate hike.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Good snowshoeing trail

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

This was a great hike and a good workout! Consistent climb all the way to the top, a bit rocky with a little creek along the trail. Great scenery of the fall colors on the trees. Silver Lake is undergoing some construction as well as Tibble Fork.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

If you are a human that enjoys trudging through horse manure, you may enjoy this one. I personally believe this trail should be renamed to "Horse Shit Highway". Seriously good views to be had, but just drive up to the silver lake trailhead instead.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Beautiful views, we went around 3pm and comeback around 6.30pm with 2 kids 12 and 9; The clouds trick us. So we comeback quickly and when we arrived at the gate was sunny again. Next time we will go early to expend more time at the lake.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Loved everything about this trail!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

This was a fun hike! It was definitely rocky, and was a steady incline. I would say young kids and people with knee or ankle problems might have a harder time! The lake was beautiful, but freezing! My 8 yr old did great.. It took us about 3 hours total with all the stops along the way, and playing in the lake..

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Loved this hike!! Took my 7 yr. old and 11 month old and they both had a great time. The lake is gorgeous it's so peaceful and quiet up there. I'd recommend this one for anyone!

Monday, June 20, 2016

This trail is nice and green at the bottom and open at the top. The trail does have a lot of rocks to go over towards the top. We aren't talking rock climbing but a little kid or person with limited mobility might not make it up. The lake is beautiful but freezing. My dogs ran off leash the whole time and had a blast. It was pretty busy on a Saturday and the parking wasn't great. Make sure you take a car that can get up a bumpy dirt road.

recorded 2