North Holbrook Route Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bountiful, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The Sessions Mountains are located east of Bountiful in the Northern Wasatch Mountains. Its official name is Sessions Mountains which makes it sound like its own mountain range. It really is just a long ridgeline consisting of several peaks. It's located among the highest mountains in the area. Grandview Peak, located farther south, is the highest. Bountiful Peak to the north is visited much more often. The Sessions Mountains Highpoint, 9,260 feet, sits on the western side of the ridge. There is another prominent point on the ridge to the east, which is 9,158 feet elevation, known as East Sessions Peak.

Amazing views! My 5 and 7 year olds plowed through this hike like mountain goats! We only climbed up about 3 miles though, because I didn’t plan for enough water to finish the hike. But they wanted to keep going! Some of the trail was pretty steep with lots of loose gravel. I fell once. I lost track of my kids’ falls. It was low 70’s when we went and the weather was perfect since there isn’t much shade.

Steeeeeep start. Lung buster. It was extremely hot and I didn’t bring enough water, so I cut it short. Good hike for increasing cardio fitness! Didn’t see any rattlers today.

I really enjoyed this hike, and plan to do it again. The beginning is very steep, and almost kept me from continuing. I was using trekking poles for the first time, and if I didn’t have them I doubt I would have made it very far. I made it up to the top and the view was amazing, as well as the feeling of accomplishing a 3400ft climb in 3.6 miles in under 3 hrs. Made it back down in 2 hrs, and thanks to my poles I didn’t have too many problems with my I.T. band.

On the way down it was getting warm and I was keeping an eye and ear out for rattlesnakes. Those popping grasshoppers and other bugs made me jump a few times, but no snakes.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Nice trail, didn't go too far due to reviews with rattlesnakes.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Very enjoyable hike.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

I hiked this yesterday I've done many trails that were rated as moderate. This was much harder trail for me. It is very rocky and steep. I made it to the top but took me a lot longer than this size hike. Beautiful scenery though. Loved it. But hard.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Great time. Took my 7 y.o., 5 y.o., and 18 month old. The hike starts out pretty steep so 7 y.o. had a great time, the 5 year old not so much. So if your young ones are middle of the road on hiking - may not be the trail for you.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Wildflowers are out and the trail has great view of the Great Salt Lake. The trail is easy to follow and snow free except for a large patch of snow near where the pipeline comes up from Holbrook Canyon

Friday, August 25, 2017