Holbrook Canyon Trail

Holbrook Canyon Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bountiful, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Sessions Canyon climbs up a creek canyon from directly above Bountiful, UT. It is a lovely canyon, with lots of shade and a beautiful babbling creek throughout. However, footing is sometimes poor, and the farther you go, the poorer and more overgrown the trail gets. After dropping 100' from the parking lot into the canyon, the trail climbs steadily, closely following the creek and crossing it numerous times. The footing is sometimes poor, and at times of very heavy flow, creek crossing could be difficult (while it is never a challenge in summer).

My brother and I went on a 2 hour hike up Holbrook Canyon. We went for 4.8 miles and came back. There is a very steep part 2/3 of the way through where we had to climb on our hands and knees, there is also a empty mine tunnel of the trail. It was fantastic!!!!

Great hike, very beautiful and shady. We followed the stream. I had my 10,7 and baby in backpack. We only got a mile or so in and turned around. It was their favorite hike! Although, beware of rattlesnakes. My son almost stepped on one. We also saw a skunk cross the trail. Adventure!

Awesome hike! Will exert a lot of energy to get to the top!

It is rated difficult so I don't understand the reviews saying the trail isn't maintained, it is steep, or they got weed whacked----and then rating it poorly---it is what it is, a fun but exerting hike!

Best part of hike was very few people! The views! The creek!

Started out being careful to not get wet...by the end we were just avoiding all the bridges bc the water felt so great!

Dogs loved it!

Beautiful natural area, with wildflowers and the pretty Holbrook Creek. But this trail is not well maintained, with several sections where you have to climb over downed trees, wade through the creek, or scrape through overgrowth. I almost stepped on a rattlesnake on the way back; be careful!

Just hiked this trail yesterday (May 31, 2017). Beautiful views and secluded. However, beware, we saw two large rattlesnakes on the trail. I'd avoid bush wacking. We did see a badger and a hiker we met saw moose the week before. The creek is very high and fast right now with the run off. Lots of fairly challenging creek crossings. Definitely bring a walking stick to aid your crossings and be prepared to get wet. Totally worth it, though.

Nice trail up and down lots of water. You will get wet. Went up like 12 miles. Ran out of trail and kept going. Saw elephant rock and the pipeline. I never saw a waterfall? Has anyone here seen it? Is it of the trail? The app says it does and no one on here has seen it. Any tips?! I have gone past where most people stop and saw no waterfall.

Pretty hike along the creek. The creek was very full on Memorial Day and overtook the trail at places. This hike has multiple creek crossings. Plan on getting wet! We went 3.2 miles up the trail. Carried a six month with the carrier and it wasn't too difficult. Not very steep. Never saw the waterfall. Did enjoy the creek though.

Water level still pretty high so most of the crossings are still underwater. Had to trudge through the creek in multiple places. The canyon itself is beautiful but the higher up on the trail you get, it get's in really bad shape being really overgrown and covered in lots of debris and downed trees/branches from winter so I got pretty scraped up. Still a fun hike though.