Holbrook Canyon Trail

Holbrook Canyon Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bountiful, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Sessions Canyon climbs up a creek canyon from directly above Bountiful, UT. It is a lovely canyon, with lots of shade and a beautiful babbling creek throughout. However, footing is sometimes poor, and the farther you go, the poorer and more overgrown the trail gets. After dropping 100' from the parking lot into the canyon, the trail climbs steadily, closely following the creek and crossing it numerous times. The footing is sometimes poor, and at times of very heavy flow, creek crossing could be difficult (while it is never a challenge in summer).

Beautiful but in need of some trail cleanup and repair

Beautiful if you want to get lost on a nice valley hike

This is a great summer hike. I wore hiking sandals and waded in the cold stream that weaves through trail. Not really very hard, but walking sticks are helpful.

Ran an out and back for a total of 5.3 miles. Trail was very pretty and enjoyable up to about 2 miles into the canyon. Trail then became obnoxiously overgrown to the point where running was no longer possible. Ended up turning around at the pipeline clearing because we couldn't find where the trail continued. Fantastic trail if you intend on keeping it under 3 or 4 miles. No rattlesnake sightings for us.

Cloud cover was great. Nice, easy hike. Good family hike. Lots of shade

I like the amount of shade and how much you're by the river. Ideal for our super furry dogs. Very beautiful as well and no Mountain Bikers.

My brother and I went on a 2 hour hike up Holbrook Canyon. We went for 4.8 miles and came back. There is a very steep part 2/3 of the way through where we had to climb on our hands and knees, there is also a empty mine tunnel of the trail. It was fantastic!!!!

Great hike, very beautiful and shady. We followed the stream. I had my 10,7 and baby in backpack. We only got a mile or so in and turned around. It was their favorite hike! Although, beware of rattlesnakes. My son almost stepped on one. We also saw a skunk cross the trail. Adventure!