Sessions Canyon Trail

Sessions Canyon Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bountiful, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

bridge out

Sessions Canyon climbs up a creek canyon from directly above Bountiful, UT. It is a lovely canyon, with lots of shade and a beautiful babbling creek throughout. However, footing is sometimes poor, and the farther you go, the poorer and more overgrown the trail gets. After dropping 100' from the parking lot into the canyon, the trail climbs steadily, closely following the creek and crossing it numerous times. The footing is sometimes poor, and at times of very heavy flow, creek crossing could be difficult (while it is never a challenge in summer).

This was a good trail with a good mix of challenges, and easy spots. Water crosses the trail quite often, which adds a bit of fun and beauty to this trip. My son came with me, and he's a can-do, new, and excited hiker. He had so much fun, but we both got tired about 1.7 miles up! We headed back down after that. We got to see a little snake near one of the places water crossed the trail, and a small lizard too. Bring snacks and water!

I'm not sure why this trail is rated "hard". It's a little lenghty but I found it super easy considering the distance. It seems about as flat as a canyon trail can get. Maybe it's considered hard because you have to cross the river multiple times and people don't like to get their feet wet, I don't know. I loved it and my dogs loved it. I would highly recommend this trail.

Still lots of snow after the first mile. Sunk to my waist a couple times. Bring snowshoes.

Hard. October, lots of moisture. Have hiking shoes. Went up like 10 miles ran out of trail. Saw elephant rock and the pipeline. No waterfall. Hard past 5 miles. Thick vegetation.

Great hike, 6,5mies to the pipeline- you can hear the stream most of the way- mostly shaded. Four legged pooches really had fun.

A nice, calm journey. I don't think it should be considered "hard."

This is a nice hike if you do it around 8am it's shaded all the way.

there is a stream you follow some of the way.

One of the most beautiful trails I've done. We took the lower trail so it was very shaded and followed along the creek. It was a pretty hard trail when you're carrying a 40 pound backpack occupied by a toddler. We only made it one mile in before turning around. We took our 6 and 9 year old and they loved it. But it's definitely not a trail I'd do with younger kids than that. Even though it was beautiful, it was indeed a very steep trail.