Scout Falls via Mount Timpanogos Trail

Scout Falls via Mount Timpanogos Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Simple and fun

The road is closed to get to the trailhead for winter, walked 1.8 miles up the road to get to the trailhead

One of my favorite hikes! If you live in the Utah County area, this is a good hike to keep in mind if you're short on time.

Nice little hike. This is usually the first hike of our season and we always go beyond Scout Falls. Easy hike unless the snow is too deep.

Super pretty and pretty easy hike. It's a little confusing when you get to the sign though. Take the left fork and follow it, you'll climb up the tree roots and then your basically there! It's seriously beautiful

A nice steady elevation. Gets cooler as you go up so dress with a few layers.

Scouts Falls always a great hike. You come to a fork stay right.

The root wall I had to scale at the end was interesting. Beautiful waterfall and didn't take as long as I thought to get there and back. $6 Canyon fee

Great hike for a family - nice to have a waterfall at the end for the kids to look forward to.

Relatively easy trail that is at a slight yet constant climb. In the afternoon you can have full shade the whole way which is nice in the summer time. The Falls vary in intensity but never disappoint. Hardest part for me on this one is not going to the top of Timp.

Fabulous trail! Was a little worried it might be packed on the holiday weekend, but it was perfect! Beautiful views and nothing too intense. We took our time and enjoyed every minute l.

Great Trail fun for kids! Beautiful waterfalls

Did this one in the late afternoon so it was shaded the entire way. It's uphill the entire way, but a gradual incline so it never became strenuous. You cross many small runoff streams, so wear shoes that can get wet. The most difficult part is climbing some tree roots right before the falls, but even that part wasn't too difficult. Overall this was a fun, beautiful hike good for pretty much any skill level.

The view is amazing! Has some steep parts, but not too bad. There's shade later in the day, but personally I like going in the middle of the day because the sun makes everything much more green.

Easy enough my 3 year old hiked most of the way. Cool, shaded, nice views of the mountain and falls.

Great hike today!

Family hike with my 9 year old and 4 year old daughters. Very fun and worth seeing. Everybody loved it.

I absolutely loved this trail! It was a little harder than expected but I loved it so much I did 2 days in a row!! I would definitely recommend it.

This hike has about everything you could ask for in 4+ miles round trip! Gorgeous trail, wildflowers, amazing views, and an incredible payoff with the waterfalls. I could not recommend this hike more!

Probably my favorite hike so far this year. We hiked about a half mile past the falls and saw a bull moose with a cow and calf. It was super awesome!