Scout Falls via Mount Timpanogos Trail

Scout Falls via Mount Timpanogos Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike!! Gorgeous views, the flowers are popping out everywhere and very well maintained. Only sad the Falls weren’t as big due to our warm winter.

Very nice trail with beautiful views! I didn't read the reviews that said to stay right at the fork (honestly don't remember a fork) to get to the top of the falls so we ended up climbing up some rock and cutting over about the middle of the falls. Will definitely try again to find the right way to go to the top!

Was a lovely evening hike with the kids. We had shade cover most of the way up that you wouldn’t have in the morning. There were a few forks in the trail that were unmarked so we followed a previous commenters directions and made it there no problem. Lots of smaller waterfalls to cross over on the way up added to the fun for the kids.

This may be easy for fit persons, but for those who are just starting to get in shape and are heavy, this is a bit of a strenuous ascent - but a great workout and well worth the views! We went on 6/10 mid afternoon - no snow and the trail wasn't crowded, we passed maybe a dozen other groups. We went up past the falls, took a right at the fork and hiked another mile to a windy clearing below Mt. Timpanogos where we spotted a female moose and a doe with 2 fawn.

Great little hike. The trail is a gradual incline all the way to the falls and easy enough for the whole family to enjoy. The scenery is beautiful and the falls are spectacular. We went on Sunday (6/03) in the afternoon-evening and the weather was perfect. The trail wasn't very crowded either. This is a perfect quick hike for anyone. Remember to stay right at the fork near the end of the trail and it will take you to the top of the falls.

The trail to this hike is pretty narrow and crowded. This trail gets a lot of people. The scenery while hiking is quite beautiful. It’s a peaceful environment, you get a calm feeling. Getting to the waterfall is a bit tricky. It looks like the trail ends but you just have to keep going. Successfully made it to the top but there isn’t much to see, I wouldn’t recommend going any further than the second level of the waterfall.

Beautiful hike or running trail. There is no snow left on the path. I went in the evening (6/3) and didn’t have any problem with crowds. Enjoy!

Fabulous easy hike. It took me a minute to figure it out but here's some info that helped me. When you get to the trailhead it forks into three different paths. Take the one that says Timpanooke trail. It will go up to the right a bit and you'll pass a hiker registration board and a small building. This is the trail you'll take all the way up to the falls. A while down the trail, you'll run into another fork. The left trail has a log in the middle and is closer to the sound of the falls. The right trail goes up father and leads away from the sound of the falls. Take the right trail. It will lead you to where you want to go. Taking the left trail at this fork will only take you to the bottom of the falls and it's a long hike up to the top. I ran into some great people who directed me on which way to go yesterday. S/O to those awesome women!

Beautiful hike! Perfect for kids. Go during the week to avoid crowds

We parked from the gate at the alpine loop so it added about 4 miles in total (2 miles each way). Gorgeous weather and no one on the trail due to the long precursor of a walk. It’s a lovely valley to walk in.

Always one of my favorite hikes in the area. Just went up today (5/20) path was clear and barely any snow on the trail up to the falls. Usually around this time of year there are large patches of snow to hike over. The falls were a bit small today, I’m hoping as the snow on the upper mountain continues to melt the falls will grow, but with the limited snow fall this year I’m not holding my breath. Regardless of the amount of water this is always a beautiful area and one of my favorite mountains to be on in the summer.

Didn't pick the best time of year for this one, went in early March. The snow got deeper and deeper as we got closer to the falls till we were waist deep for a good quarter to half mile. It was incredibly difficult to hike in that much snow but it was beautiful and I imagine it would be a pretty easy hike if there wasn't any snow! Part of the road was closed which added a little distance but not much.

Simple and fun

The road is closed to get to the trailhead for winter, walked 1.8 miles up the road to get to the trailhead

One of my favorite hikes! If you live in the Utah County area, this is a good hike to keep in mind if you're short on time.

Nice little hike. This is usually the first hike of our season and we always go beyond Scout Falls. Easy hike unless the snow is too deep.

Super pretty and pretty easy hike. It's a little confusing when you get to the sign though. Take the left fork and follow it, you'll climb up the tree roots and then your basically there! It's seriously beautiful

A nice steady elevation. Gets cooler as you go up so dress with a few layers.

Scouts Falls always a great hike. You come to a fork stay right.

The root wall I had to scale at the end was interesting. Beautiful waterfall and didn't take as long as I thought to get there and back. $6 Canyon fee

Great hike for a family - nice to have a waterfall at the end for the kids to look forward to.

Relatively easy trail that is at a slight yet constant climb. In the afternoon you can have full shade the whole way which is nice in the summer time. The Falls vary in intensity but never disappoint. Hardest part for me on this one is not going to the top of Timp.

Fabulous trail! Was a little worried it might be packed on the holiday weekend, but it was perfect! Beautiful views and nothing too intense. We took our time and enjoyed every minute l.

Great Trail fun for kids! Beautiful waterfalls

Did this one in the late afternoon so it was shaded the entire way. It's uphill the entire way, but a gradual incline so it never became strenuous. You cross many small runoff streams, so wear shoes that can get wet. The most difficult part is climbing some tree roots right before the falls, but even that part wasn't too difficult. Overall this was a fun, beautiful hike good for pretty much any skill level.

The view is amazing! Has some steep parts, but not too bad. There's shade later in the day, but personally I like going in the middle of the day because the sun makes everything much more green.

Easy enough my 3 year old hiked most of the way. Cool, shaded, nice views of the mountain and falls.

Great hike today!

Family hike with my 9 year old and 4 year old daughters. Very fun and worth seeing. Everybody loved it.

I absolutely loved this trail! It was a little harder than expected but I loved it so much I did 2 days in a row!! I would definitely recommend it.