Scout Cave Trail

Scout Cave Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ivins, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Great hike, beautiful scenery. Done it multiple times and it never gets old

Took a detour and saw the arch on the way! I bet it is super nice in the spring when there is more water!

Nice hike with a variety of features. About 2.0 miles out and back to the cave. First section is across lava flow area with sharp rocks in parts of the trail. Not a problem with proper footwear. Relatively level until the final climb to the cave. Nice and cool inside. Good place for a lunch break. A bit of the trail follows the dry wash. The steps are pretty cool at the 1.75 mile point.
Note: For those wanting to hike the Johnson Canyon Trail (off shoot from this one), a sign indicates that the trail is closed until September 15th unless you hike the trail with a ranger. Info #435-628-2255.

Great hike for kids.

We love this hike, it's great for all ages. We have a tradition of running the stairs portion. I (41 yo male) did it in 20 seconds, 13 yo boy - 30 seconds, 11 yo boy - 33 seconds, 8 yo boy - 30 seconds and our 68 years young grandpa did it in 48 seconds. Caught a few lizards and even a snake along the way.

I loved this hike! I went early and only saw one other person until I got back to the trailhead, then there were a few families headed out. The scenery changes a few times which makes it really enjoyable...and the black rock with the red rock behind made for some awesome pictures. I was there in April so there were bright colored flowers in bloom...and I even saw a few rabbits.

Fun Hike!