Santaquin Meadows Trail [CLOSED]

easy 3 reviews

Santaquin Meadows Trail [CLOSED] is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Payson, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 193 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

The road is only open up to the Trumboldt (i forget how its spelled) campsite. The road is closed at the end of it, so the Santaquin Meadows trail is closed. This road also leads to the White Pine Hollow trail, which is also still closed. Only giving 3 stars because it is closed. I do plan to hike these trails when they open and I will update my reviews accordingly.

ohv/off road driving
Mon Aug 13 2018

Santaquin Meadows is a dirt road with dispersed camping. It leads to a trailhead marked "Sheepherder". A few hundred feet up the hill from the trailhead, the trail splits with a faint trail heading west to dry mountain, and a much more traveled trail heading right. This trail to the right is Trails 90 and 99, both of which go several miles before intersecting with Nebo Loop. Trail 90 is Sheepherder Hill, but I'm not sure the name of 99. The recommended route on this trail is the dirt road, which is passable with a passenger vehicle. None of the trails in the area appear to be named "Santaquin Meadows", but I drove this one on the way to the trailhead so I guess I've been on it...

Tue Jun 05 2018