Sandstone Quarry Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Saint George, Utah and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

historic site

Fun short hike with historical aspects. Great for small children.

Very nicely maintained short trail with sandstone steps and benches and lots of plaques with information about the history of the quarry.

We loved this trail I took my 3 & 2 year olds there was snow on the mountain so they were going up the mountain to find Elsa. However my only recommendation don’t go after snow (which is rare) or rain, it was a lil scary at times with the slippery parts with toddlers, all around though it was fun

Great, short hike. Perfect after dinner hike during the heat of the summer during daylight savings time

My husband and I completed this hike on July 17. We went midday.... was about 100*, by we figured we could do a super-short hike like this.

Overall pretty enjoyable hike and easy to follow. However we did get lost for a few minutes before using the app to guide us back to the trail (hint: at the top of the stairs, make a sharp left!).

The endpoint had some mildly interesting historical information.

If you're looking to do a hike in the St. George summer heat, I'd recommend this one for its quickness and easy accessibility. But be warned that it is hot, and there is zero shade. Although it was just .8 miles, we still took our water with us, and we're glad we did!