Salt Creek Canyon Falls

Salt Creek Canyon Falls is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Nephi, Utah that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and birding.

This easy trail starts at the northwest end of the Bear Canyon Campground and heads through a narrow forested canyon along the Salt Creek. The small waterfall at the end is not only beautiful, but also provides great access to stand directly beneath the falls and get a very cold shower. You will need to cross the fence at the end of the campground to start this hike - the locals drive cattle into the canyon, and the fence is there to keep them out of the campsites. This might be a pay area depending where you park. No overnight camping in the area except on designated spots.

Great hike for the family beautiful and cool for a summer afternoon. Still a lot of water coming off the falls. Great day.

Great hike water was running fast. Took a group of 15 people from ages 5 to 40 and everyone was having a great time.

I really enjoyed this hike! I feel like it was definitely worth the drive from the north end of Utah County. Tons of butterflies. We crossed two tributaries before we ended up at Salt Creek River. We finally figured out we had to cross the river and take an immediate left the finish the short way up to the falls. The trail isn't marked but you can see the falls if you look to your left once you cross the river. The water is moving very fast. Bring water shoes. I hiked the whole thing in chacos.

Really nice hike, the weather wasn't too warm. Was easily able to have a 3 yr old make it almost the entire way on his own. We did need to help kids cross the water ways, but for the most part was really easy.
Ran into about 3-4 other groups, but wasn't too busy. Some had difficulty knowing where to turn. I'd advise either using a pace count. Depending on how the runoff flows it may or may not be the third tributary you cross.

The trail was perfect today! The water is high and moving pretty fast. I had 3 children with me today, and they did great. It was a little tricky getting across the river. The waterfall was beautiful with so much water!

Really beautiful, easy hike. I was able to do it without much trouble while 5 months pregnant.

Beautiful. No drastic ups and downs. We also had to cross the avalanche. So maybe the first of May might be a better time.

we took 3 small children. two had to be carried. about 1/3 the way up there was a huge avalanche of snow covering the trail. Some kids were scared, but we managed across it because it was melted enough. I know it would be perfect in about 3 more weeks. Still ...very beautiful! And just the right amount of adventure and hardwork for small children.

Would have given a higher rating, but the amount of cow/horse dung on the trail was pretty extensive. Otherwise a nice, easy hike.

Fun, easy hike with smaller kids (6-10 yrs) with a nice pay off at the end. Waterfall is really cool. About 3 miles total.. 1.5 each way

hike was enjoyable with good scenery. missed the falls and hiked much further. it gets steeper as you go, but the creek is nice. on my way back I saw the falls and hiked to them. Family was there with 2 large barking dogs that made the things a bit less than I wanted. did cool off briefly and left quickly. will go again hoping fo a better experience.

The trail was lovely, but quite rocky in some places. It was full of beautiful scenes as well as lots of butterflies! It was beautiful!

Great hike for small kids. Beautiful mountains. Waterfall was awesome!

Beautiful, tons of butterflies today. Very rocky hike. We were the only ones on the trail for the 3+ hours we were there. Took lots of pics and enjoyed the scenery along the way. Altitude gain was actually 500 ft.

Started at about 10:30am, it was pretty hot but there is a good amount of shade along the way. Followed the creek the entire way so it was perfect for our two dogs. We were the only ones on the trail so our dogs were free to roam without a leash. The waterfall was GORGEOUS! I would definitely recommend this hike!