Salt Creek Canyon Falls

Salt Creek Canyon Falls is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Nephi, Utah that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and birding.

This easy trail starts at the northwest end of the Bear Canyon Campground and heads through a narrow forested canyon along the Salt Creek. The small waterfall at the end is not only beautiful, but also provides great access to stand directly beneath the falls and get a very cold shower. You will need to cross the fence at the end of the campground to start this hike - the locals drive cattle into the canyon, and the fence is there to keep them out of the campsites. This might be a pay area depending where you park. No overnight camping in the area except on designated spots.

Really pretty hike. Easy with lots of trees and shade. There were arrows made of sticks and rocks pointing out the trail to the waterfall right after crossing the creek. About .25 miles before crossing the creek is an old cottonwood tree with a square carved out. It used to be a "mailbox" for ranchers and miners a long time ago.

Fun and beautiful hike. Surprised how much water was still running in August. Very quiet and not busy. Would give it 5 stars if not for the huge amount of cow manure everywhere. Easy enough that kids can do it, but far enough to feel like you got a workout.

Just Beautiful! There's a sign to mark the path by the gate. It's an easy hike but does have lose rocks in some areas. Lots of butterflies and cows. Once we reached where the creek crosses the trail we turned left up the falls. The water level was great, not too harsh. There's a nice pond to splash around in the falls at the top. Cool water, can be a bit slippery, and my kids loved it!

Beautiful hike with fantastic views! Perfect for the family.

Nice trail for kids. Cool waterfall area for kids to play in water.

Such an awesome hike, and the waterfall is beautiful!

Great hike for the family beautiful and cool for a summer afternoon. Still a lot of water coming off the falls. Great day.

Great hike water was running fast. Took a group of 15 people from ages 5 to 40 and everyone was having a great time.

I really enjoyed this hike! I feel like it was definitely worth the drive from the north end of Utah County. Tons of butterflies. We crossed two tributaries before we ended up at Salt Creek River. We finally figured out we had to cross the river and take an immediate left the finish the short way up to the falls. The trail isn't marked but you can see the falls if you look to your left once you cross the river. The water is moving very fast. Bring water shoes. I hiked the whole thing in chacos.

Really nice hike, the weather wasn't too warm. Was easily able to have a 3 yr old make it almost the entire way on his own. We did need to help kids cross the water ways, but for the most part was really easy.
Ran into about 3-4 other groups, but wasn't too busy. Some had difficulty knowing where to turn. I'd advise either using a pace count. Depending on how the runoff flows it may or may not be the third tributary you cross.

The trail was perfect today! The water is high and moving pretty fast. I had 3 children with me today, and they did great. It was a little tricky getting across the river. The waterfall was beautiful with so much water!

Really beautiful, easy hike. I was able to do it without much trouble while 5 months pregnant.

Beautiful. No drastic ups and downs. We also had to cross the avalanche. So maybe the first of May might be a better time.

we took 3 small children. two had to be carried. about 1/3 the way up there was a huge avalanche of snow covering the trail. Some kids were scared, but we managed across it because it was melted enough. I know it would be perfect in about 3 more weeks. Still ...very beautiful! And just the right amount of adventure and hardwork for small children.