Ruth Lake Trail

Ruth Lake Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

At the west end of the lake, the trail forks right and travels southwest to meet the Lofty Lake Loop.

So this is only 3/4 mile to the lake. If you walk around the lake then you can clock more miles. It's definitely kid friendly. The terrain is mostly rocks and small boulders, which is not my favorite, but there was still a lot of green. The lake is one of the most beautiful I have seen. I walked around the right to the far side and I could have just stared all day. Wonderful views! Quite a few people camping and fishing. Best to go mid week after summer vacation.

Great for little kids and dogs, good place to backpack in and camp with the family. It's getting cold overnight this time of year.

Easy beautiful trail. Large rocks and dirt trails go through patches of trees, rock platforms and fields of wildflowers and brooks. I went in the beginning of August and there were still lots of beautiful flowers all over throughout the trail. The trail itself is well maintained and defined. Don't get confused by the pond, the lake is further and has a wood sign on a tree. You can actually do an easy loop around the Lake perimeter as well which takes you through more patches of trees and fields of flowers. There were yellow lilies on the far side as well as nice camp sites. I also saw lots of chipmunks and deer even! This is a new favorite!

Easy, well maintained trail with lots of water and beautiful scenery. Don't stop at Ruth Lake. Looking back across the lake from the trail above is spectacular.

One of our favorite family hikes, beautiful wild flowers.

Can't go wrong in the Ashley national forest

Great trail and well maintained. We took our three little girls (5,3.1) for a two-nighter to Ruth Lake! Lots of rock for the kids to explore on.

This is one of my favorite hikes in the area! It's a gorgeous hike to a gorgeous lake. It's easy enough that my older parents and also children enjoy this hike. Beautiful, easy hike.

I took four kids backpacking up here and it was a beautiful area with the lake and several streams. My kids are young and this was the perfect area for a first backpacking trip.

Beautiful trail. Great trail for beginners.

Great trail for beginners, beautiful trail.

Perfect hike for kids and beginners. Nearly flat, gorgeous scenery, and a quiet lake. But OMG the mosquitoes in July! Would love to do this in the fall before the snow because the swarms of mosquitoes detracted a bit from the hike. They don't care about biting through OFF or clothing!

Sunday, August 28, 2016

A definite favorite for my family with little kids.

Friday, August 05, 2016