Ruth Lake Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

At the west end of the lake, the trail forks right and travels southwest to meet the Lofty Lake Loop.

We loved this trail!! It is fairly easy the whole way. The steepest part is right at the begin where there was a little bit of snow, not much more than an inch and the rest of trail was very good. You get to the end and Ruth Lake is so so gorgeous! Not a long time commitment and so wonderful!

Good backpacking starter trip for the young kids.

Short hike. Lots of people. Really pretty too. My 6 year old did it no problem carrying his own pack.

Took my boys on this trail. It was a great beginner trail for them to get started on. We went on a Thursday evening and there was only one other group of campers on the other side of the lake. We found a good spot in the trees and setup our hammocks. The weather was beautiful and surprisingly, the mosquitos were minimal. I would definitely come here again.

As someone who doesn’t love steep or strenuous hikes, this was perfect! It’s a rockier trail in the beginning but pretty flat and you get to water really fast. Brought the dogs who had a great time swimming as we made our way around the lake. It smells like pine and there were Lilly pads on the lake and a beautiful mountain backdrop! Also super secluded, although we went on a Sunday afternoon. Honestly loved it and would happily return!

Beautiful when the flowers are blooming early summer/Late June

It was a great trail for my kids and us to walk. Did explore a lot around the lake and a ton of rocky areas my kids climbed the afternoon away.

This trail is short and easy, you can make it longer by exploring around the lakes. Great for dogs and kids- or out of towners:)

One of my favorite hikes, once you get past Ruth lake you encounter very few people and the scenery is breath taking!

Short hike but you still enjoy a remote feel and views and have additional access to Naomi and Hayden lakes adjoining Ruth.

Beautiful hike. Did not catch any fish but had a great day!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

So this is only 3/4 mile to the lake. If you walk around the lake then you can clock more miles. It's definitely kid friendly. The terrain is mostly rocks and small boulders, which is not my favorite, but there was still a lot of green. The lake is one of the most beautiful I have seen. I walked around the right to the far side and I could have just stared all day. Wonderful views! Quite a few people camping and fishing. Best to go mid week after summer vacation.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Great for little kids and dogs, good place to backpack in and camp with the family. It's getting cold overnight this time of year.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Easy beautiful trail. Large rocks and dirt trails go through patches of trees, rock platforms and fields of wildflowers and brooks. I went in the beginning of August and there were still lots of beautiful flowers all over throughout the trail. The trail itself is well maintained and defined. Don't get confused by the pond, the lake is further and has a wood sign on a tree. You can actually do an easy loop around the Lake perimeter as well which takes you through more patches of trees and fields of flowers. There were yellow lilies on the far side as well as nice camp sites. I also saw lots of chipmunks and deer even! This is a new favorite!

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Easy, well maintained trail with lots of water and beautiful scenery. Don't stop at Ruth Lake. Looking back across the lake from the trail above is spectacular.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

One of our favorite family hikes, beautiful wild flowers.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Can't go wrong in the Ashley national forest

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Great trail and well maintained. We took our three little girls (5,3.1) for a two-nighter to Ruth Lake! Lots of rock for the kids to explore on.

Monday, July 17, 2017

This is one of my favorite hikes in the area! It's a gorgeous hike to a gorgeous lake. It's easy enough that my older parents and also children enjoy this hike. Beautiful, easy hike.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

I took four kids backpacking up here and it was a beautiful area with the lake and several streams. My kids are young and this was the perfect area for a first backpacking trip.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Beautiful trail. Great trail for beginners.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Great trail for beginners, beautiful trail.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Perfect hike for kids and beginners. Nearly flat, gorgeous scenery, and a quiet lake. But OMG the mosquitoes in July! Would love to do this in the fall before the snow because the swarms of mosquitoes detracted a bit from the hike. They don't care about biting through OFF or clothing!

Sunday, August 28, 2016

A definite favorite for my family with little kids.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Easy hike took less than 30 mins. Con... Mosquitoes all over the place and OFF doesn't phase the little F'ers...

Monday, June 27, 2016

Very short and easy hike. Dog friendly.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Toddler friendly. Short. Beautiful!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Very scenic trail with well-marked path. Nice payoff at Ruth Lake. Easy hike.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Have loved this hike ever since I was a kid! Pretty trail and fairly easy, good for kids and adults. The lake at the end is gorgeous and fun to fish, but can get crowded on the weekends. My family usually goes farther to other lakes, but the trail peters out around Naomi lake and you have to bushwhack to other places. Great day hike or beginner backpacking as the lake has some good camp sights.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Easy hike in. If you have time, go to the surrounding lakes.