Rose Canyon Spring Trail

Rose Canyon Spring Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Herriman, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

I loved the ridgeline portion of the loop we took. The views of the Salt Lake Valley were beautiful from a perspective I hadn't seen before. The drop down to the trailhead from the top part of the loop wasn't very interesting, and it was long and steep enough to give older knees a reason to second guess the decision to go down—but really not a problem at all.

My husband and I did this hike but rather than turning around and tracking back we went off the map and did a loop. We seen cows, deer and lizards! Wild flowers in the beginning of the hike! There was surprising ALLOT of cactus.

Great hike for kids with minimal elevation gain and the creek offers a few places to stop and play in the water. You will share the trail with horses and mtn bikes.

great place to explore without the worry of being hopelessly lost.