Rocky Mouth Falls Trail

Rocky Mouth Falls Trail is a 0.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

Easy, family-friendly out and back with spectacular views.

Awesome little hike to a beautiful spot where I imagine during rainy season a gorgeous waterfall would spill off the mountain! Lots of stairs at first, followed by some mild shaded trails leading up to the roughly 80 foot high waterfall. The official trail ends here, though there are other trails that branch off of this one. If you're up for a little adventure, a steep hike / climb up the side of the mountain yields absolutely INCREDIBLE views of Sandy / Draper / Salt Lake City! Take plenty of water to drink - today's hike was at 97 degrees.

Great hike but it’s straight up an in a neighborhood witch is kinda off but for a fast one I’d go again took my kids youngest is 4 an she did just fine just rocky right before the falls

Great little hike if you’re a lone adult with a small army of kids. Short, sweet, and water adventure at the end.

Great trail for kids. The first set of stairs are rather daunting (for young kids) and you have to pay attention or you miss the trailhead within the neighborhood (it's only about 2 feet wide between two fences so it's easy to miss the first time), but it is a lovely hike. It's shady for most of the hike, even at noon. And having water to play in at the top is always a plus, especially with kids.

Steep to the top, and covered in families.
Pretty though.

Good hike with Kids.

Quick and easy hike for kids. My two young boys loved it.

It is a pretty steep incline the whole way, but very short. My 8, 5, and 3 year old managed well. The top of the hike near the waterfall is shaded and pretty, but you can hardly call it a waterfall. After a dry winter, the fall is barely a trickle, unlike last year. I would recommend this hike in the spring when there is more water.

Small hike to the falls. Beautiful and lots of shade. Enjoyable.

Nice short hike. Perfect for families with kids. Our kids had a lot of fun at the waterfall.

The waterfall is small but beautiful. Took about 20 minutes one way!

Very pretty. Loved the waterfall. Very easy to find. My 5 year old did great but my 3 year old struggled. He was scared of the slipping rocks and dirt. I’m sure this is common sense for seasoned hikers but I’m not seasoned. In the middle of summer I highly recommend going earlier in the morning or later in the evening. We got pretty hot as we got up there about 11. The waterfall was a great relief though. We did see a rattle snake on the trail. Guess that’s just nature for you...:

Wonderful little hike and kid friendly. Well marked and don’t forget bug spray.

Perfect for kids! So fun

My favorite waterfall! very whimsical and peaceful. It is a short hike and great for yoga/meditation or pondering time. The waterfall is breathtaking tucked around Rocky mountain and forestry. I go here often to relax...

Only about .20 miles from the trailhead, steep steps at the beginning but pretty easy and short. Past the waterfall is very steep and slippery, don’t let young kids climb up there (learned that the hard way).

beautiful short hike! waterfall at end is bonus!

This was great for an hour out of our day, just keep in mind you will be going up and up and up the whole time till you reach the waterfall and it's not the greatest one but it is pretty and worth it. I did not like that when you get right before the entrance to the waterfall there is rocks just everywere and my 4 year old got scared she did not want to slip, just be causion when going and age limtit's and NO DOGS.

We went Friday at around 4pm, and had the waterfall to ourselves for awhile. So fun to take my niece (7) and nephews (14, 11) who had never been. We saw the hugest spider on the rocks by the falls! Practically Aragog or Shelob...or it felt that way. Great time climbing around and putting our dogs (feet) in the water. Other types of dogs not allowed.

this was such a good hike! it wasn't hard, just get ready for a lot of stairs.

Loved the stairs! The waterfall was really beautiful too.

perfect short hike for any age!

I loved this trail! I took my 2 year old and it was easy enough for her!

If you’re looking for a nice short hike, then this is a great option. A fairly busy trail. Nice waterfall at the end.

Great, short hike to the falls. Heavily trafficked is an understatement. We took the Bonneville Shoreline Trail to Hidden Valley Park on the way down to escape the people.

We went with our four kids, the youngest being 3, and they all did great. don't get intimidated my the stairs by the parking lot. the waterfall was so fun with small pools for the kids to play in.

Easy and beautiful

Beautiful hike with great views, and a refreshing/beautiful waterfall at the end. It was short but had a ton of stairs so if you have bad knees I wouldn’t recommend this hike. It connects to Bonneville trial too which goes up the mountain if you’re looking for a longer hike! I did this with a 6 month old and 2.5 year old so I would say it’s kid friendly. My 2.5 year old had a ton of fun playing in the water.

There are 125 stairs (give or take a few) total so take that into consideration when deciding to go. My kids (5, 3, 1) and I love this trail. The waterfall is so fun to play in and there are some cool crevices/caves to discover. Truly, a child’s playground! Bring water shoes if you have them.

Super easy for smaller children and rewarding at the end. Great first hike of the season for my girls