Rob's Trail is a 8.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,863 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: The trail is closed between November 1 - May 15. Gradual climb, fast descent.

This was kind of an impromptu hike, but we’re so glad we did it because it was beautiful. We only got around two miles in before we had to turn back, but we loved what we saw - flowers everywhere, plenty of trees, and at 8:30 on a Tuesday morning just one other hiker. We’ll definitely be back when we have more time.

Went today (6/2) and the wildflowers were in full bloom. It was so beautiful - the nicest hike I’ve done in town. Once we reached the top, we went up to the left to the ski lift area and got an amazing view. I would recommend doing it. A lot of coverage along the way and not too crowded early on a weekday.

Nice trail. Mostly low grade up not a climb. I only went half way up since that’s all i had time for. Tons of wildflowers and birds.

icy

Awesome Hike! Has some great views, couldn’t go all the way to the end because there was just too much snow. Pretty fun to slide down one of the slopes on your butt though!

Such a beautiful trail! Amazing views and the Forest is wonderful.

Absolutely beautiful and fun trail. Not a lot of people and such incredible views.

Fantastic trail - winter summer spring and fall!

icy

We hiked up and took our sledges down! It was sooo awesome! Definitely back soon!

bring a sled slide down by same bench. it's awesome

private property

This trail is closed from November - May. Updated 01.08.2020

I was here on November 5 and really enjoyed hiking through the dormant aspen forests. Most of the trail were covered in firm snow, and the parts that were not covered were a little muddy. I had good traction in the snow and only encountered one short icy section near the beginning. Best bet is to get on the trail early while both the snow and mud are firm. The route indicated on the map covers a portion of the mid mountain and ridge connector trails as well as Rob’s. I made it as far as the switch backs on the mid mountain trail; about midway up the switch backs the snow got softer and deeper, and it looked like no one had gone any higher in several days. I was wearing ventilated trail runners and my feet were getting wet. Gore Tex boots with gaiters would have been a better choice for that section.

So pretty walking through beautiful trees. Clearly marked trail. Great parking at trailhead. Good for beginners on up.

this is an amazing trail up to Wasatch Crest. Just note there are some climb only portions on Rob's that keep you from coming back the same direction if you are mountain biking. You will have to come down on Ambush and reconnect on Rob's from Rosebud's Heaven.

Excellent trail. We went on an overcast Tuesday at 11 AM and only saw a few other people the whole hike. It’s mostly shaded with gorgeous pine and aspen forests, but it crosses through some open areas where you get the most incredible views. First time here, and I’m only an intermediate hiker, but it’s my favorite hike in Park City so far. Trails are well marked. You’ll take Rob’s Trail, then a short connect on Ambush trail to Mid Mountain trail. From there you can choose to go up the Ridge Connect trail all the way to the top of the mountain, but we decided to skip that and just turn around back down the trail. We took an Uber to the trailhead since we don’t have a car here, and it looked like limited parking. Since we are staying near the Canyons Village area, we took Ambush trail to Holly’s trail on the way down and walked straight back to our hotel. Ended up being 8 miles. We’re sore but it was well worth it!!

Fun Trail. Excellent condition. Great parking area at trailhead Saw no large animals, but plenty of evidence they are around

Overcast. Crickets still chirping. 4 prairie hens?

Overcast. Monsoon. Give me sun and blue sky.

Great trail and absolutely beautiful especially on blue bird days. A good mix of shady and sunny areas. Beware the hike is 9.4 miles with 1700 feet elevation gain.

Great trail, Robs trail ends at the two mile mark, so it’s 4 miles round trip if you stop there, we hiked on up another two miles, great views

Trail was great today, lots of birds on the lower 0.7 miles. Fun hike with the pup and little one.

Hiked with my son, a marathon runner. Misread the signs and didn’t quite make the end of the trail but still a great outing. Didn’t see any wildlife but hiked midday so not unexpected. Mountain bikers were all friendly, not very numerous, and all announced how many or last biker. Description should say Robs Trail to Ambush to Mid-mountain. It was mostly shady with a few sunny areas crossing ski runs. It was a great outing!

Nice trail. Great views. Still a fair amount of snow towards the top that you have to cross. Was difficult with a 4 year old in parts. Lots of bikers.