Rob's Trail is a 8.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Gradual climb, fast decent.

Correction about my last review:
We parked at the Community Church on Bear Hollow. Started on the Collins Trail heading up to Rob's Trail. After the moose we came down that trail but took a side trail into the neighborhood that connected us to Dubois Trail (not Dejong) .

We hit the jackpot yesterday!! Saw 3 moose on the trail! Had to turn around since they weren't going anywhere anytime soon. Back in the neighborhood we found another trail, the Dejong Trail, went on that one for about 1/2 mile and ran into 2 more large moose! Even though we didn't get to hike very far on either of these trails all of my hiking companions loved seeing moose. You don't always see moose on the trail so it was a treat. FYI: Stay at least 75 ft. away from moose and especially be careful when there is a calf with them, which there was in our case.

A bit of ice and mud at the bottom but it gets better at the top. We were probably a couple of weeks late for the aspens—they must be fabulous with gold leaves. Was still beautiful with all the white trunks and leaves in the trail. Nice view of the Canyons from the top.

Great easy trail that’s fun with your dog (on a leash)... beautiful trees and views, and nice and wide. Careful of mountain bikers, and avoid busy times as it can get crowded.

Great hike. We had to go up the “gulley” since a marvelous full grown bull moose decided to block the trail. There was no way to convince the big guy to move.

Great hike with plenty of shade and sun. I got a bit confused when trail signs denoting Rob's trail seemed to stop. I keep turning right to go higher. Trail markers said Mid-mountain, GPS here said I was still on track. Great view at the top! Mountain bikers were polite & friendly.
At the end of this trail are a few other options to go further. I opted for the extra bit at the top to reach Murdock's peak-the first part is quite steep & rocky and then eases up. Going down is always a bit more interesting!

Loved this winding, scenic trail.

Smooth trail, not too rocky, uphill but not too steep. Beautiful views and plenty of shade!

I really enjoyed everything about this hike! It was long, with a steady incline throughout. No parts of the trail were really any more challenging than others. The trail itself was relatively soft dirt, with a few rocks jutting out. There were plenty of mountain bikers, all of which were extremely respectful and informative of how many were behind them. The trail is shaded the majority of the time. There are switchbacks towards the upper half that I really enjoyed, because the trail would weave through the thick trees and bushes, then open up to a beautiful meadow and view of the valley below. We began our hike around 11:30a Saturday and finished around 3p. Highly recommend this hike!

This was such a beautiful hike. We were on the trail at 7 on Saturday morning and had the trail to ourselves until the way back down - lots of mountain bikers. The foliage was full, the aspens were stunning, and the wildflowers were a dream. We went all the way up to Murdoch Peak. It was a perfect moderate hike on a well travelled trail, with steady inclines and shade about 60% of the time.

A lot of mtn bikers

I haven’t hiked this for a month or so but I usually hike up to the bench and back so don’t get the same mileage as stated even though it is still a nice moderate hike. This is a trail for almost anytime of year except right when it is becoming slush in spring. Mostly shaded with lots of trees so beautiful in fall also. I have never seen moose on this trail but have many friends that say they have seen them on this hike. This would be a good hike for visitors to Park City adjusting to altitude as it does not involve steep climbing.

The wildflowers on this trail are amazing! Just gorgeous.

First hike in Park City and it was beautiful! Took Rob's trail to Ambush then headed left onto Rosebud. Highly recommend this route!

Beautiful hike up and fun sledding down!

Such a beautiful hike! Saw at least 7 moose while on the trail.

Beautiful snowy hike with everything you could want on a hike: pine forest, aspen groves, wide vistas and benches placed perfectly along the way to stop and rest and take in the view.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Wonderful easy hike especially when coming up from sea level.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Hiked last week with a nice layer of snow. Winter wonderland with nice views of canyons at top.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Awesome

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Super hike today on lots of fresh snow. Saw two moose on the way up to the top of Rob’s trail. First time using the All Trails app and we loved having the data and using the downloaded map. Yep we went “pro” at breakfast and so glad we did.

It was a slower hike up due to the 8” or so of snow but a very quick descent.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Excellent....we saw 7 moose on our hike today.

Sunday, October 01, 2017

I don't know where you get your mileage but hiked it today and it was 2.8 miles one way. Trail does end at the intersection of a couple of other trails so you can extend your hike if you want to. Pretty easy trail with a few scenic areas. Would be a good family hike if kids could handle this distance. You could do the hike in tennis shoes.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

This was our first family hike since moving to PC last week. I thought the trail was great. Several scenic spots, in good condition, not too crowded.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

great trail. lots of fun

Monday, July 10, 2017

Been on it like 100 times. It is such a good trail to get some fresh air. And if you want to get your bike to go on the trail to is awesome for biking also. Lots of nature and good views. You might also see a moose

Monday, July 03, 2017

Took rob's trail 2.5 ish miles. Gentle uphill about 1000 feet and lots of shade early in day. Wide open vistas. Switched to ambush trail then back via Rosebud Heaven with some uphill to get back to Rib's trail. A few mountain bikers on Ambush. Off Rib's trail some nice views of the ski slopes and then of the Canyons resort.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Tough climb, good views.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Loved the wildflowers and butterflies! Well marked and maintained.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

My immediate memory of being on this trail was enchanting. The mix of trees, sunshine to shade, and little colorful splashes of life on the trail (including butterflies and flowers) really made for a good slow enjoyable hike. I was, with no shame, the last one in my group to reach the cars in the end. But I did in fact get so left behind, from looking at all of the wonder of this trail, that I was just a tiny bit confused on how to get back down with the few splits in the trail. I made it down safe but I did have to back track twice even though I did have a map and help from a biker and his, much bigger than mine, map.