Reflection Canyon is a 18.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Big Water, Utah that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from March until November.

Backpacking Reflection Canyon is an intense, challenging hike that takes you through slot canyons, climbing up and down shifty sandstones and traversing rugged terrains and ravines. With that said, you'll be blessed with a view like no other of Reflection Canyon found at the end of the hike.

As the reviewer before me stated, the difficulty is very subjective. It’s as hard as you make it! I carried in 2 gallons of water and still wished I had a little more, but not sure if it’s worth the extra weight! I conserved and took my last sip 100 feet from where I was parked! Remember hole in the rock road is 2 hours of dirt and no services, so make sure you have lots to drink waiting for you in your vehicle! Then hit Nemo’s in Escalante!

I have to remember that these reviews are all subjective. I almost decided not to go based on reviews. However, this hike is not hard. I did it in August, 99° weather, and just did it right.

I hiked in at 6 pm. It was still almost 100° but it was mostly in shade. Took me only 3 hours, and the last half hour was in the dark. I found it just fine.

The morning view is worth sleeping on the rocks. Just remember that water is very important. I have a very large bladder for my backpack, and also took my 32 oz hydroflask. It was barely enough.

Saturday, October 07, 2017