Red Reef Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leeds, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 223 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

Trail head is located near campsite #2 in the Red Cliffs Campground

Nice little trail with amazing views of the red cliffs. Great trail for children. There is not a lot of shade so bring water. There are small scramble at the end with a rope. Quick, easy, and well with the few minutes to experience the views.

Everyone loved it. The water pools are small now. We loved that there was interspersed shade in the morning, and only a few other groups. Only did about half the distance because we had little ones and it was already HOT by 9am. Saw frogs in the pools and lots of lizards.

Hot and busy. Good hike. Drank approximately 13 bottles of water...maybe less. Saw someone swimming in underoos in the green, stagnant water. The rope climb was neat.

Got here too long after the snow melt. The creek was dry therefore the falls didn't exist. However, it's a typical sandy red rock Utah trail. Well marked. Ropes in the canyon for when there are falls. Love to see it with water someday.

Fun family friendly hike. We did this on a Monday morning, started around 9am in late May. We’d love to do this in late March early April when the creek is flowing. The ponds were sedentary and green, but there were people swimming in them. A couple petroglyphs and dinosaur tracks were a bonus! Loved the rock rope climb for added adventure. Shade along the way but got hot on the way back. Beautiful southern Utah hike.

Mostly easy. Water is all gone. We got past the first crazy slick rock (hint- go to you left going up to go around or your right coming down for a non slick rock path). Once we got to the rope & carved holes in the rock, the line was long, so we turned around. Had a great hike and we really liked all the little side paths.

Short and sweet trail with several obstacles to keep things interesting. Be warned, the rock around the pools is more slippery than it looks and it's easy to fall in (I learned this the hard way!). The pass with footholds and a rope was enjoyable but there may be a wait to pass if you come at a peak time. Also, one of the on-trail slot canyon ascents was slick enough and steep enough that I needed a running start to make headway (others scrambled around it). There are many opportunities to scramble off trail up the side of the canyon, and your efforts will be rewarded with breathtaking views! At the end of the trail where the river still flowed some families enjoyed playing in the water

It says dog friendly but you can’t complete the whole trail with them because there is a very steep scramble section that ours were too scared to try

Pretty & a easy hike! The water is low so don’t get your hopes up! I luckily read these comments before so I wasn’t disappointed. Can’t wait to go back when the water is flowing. Parking is low too! So go early!

I would recommend earlier in the season to see the water falls. Going in late May was disappointing in terms of the water, it was pretty green. But the hike was beautiful, and relatively easy.

Beautiful but crowded and noisy

Awesome trail - most of the water is dried up already. Families around every corner. Get there early! Follow me on Instagram @nathan_vanengen for photos and fun unknown adventures in the area

We did this trail at 6 am after watching the sunrise in the park. There’s some great camping nearby. This hike was interesting. Better pools than what I saw in Zion, reaching probably 3-4 feet deep, although not water that I would get in. There’s an interesting little rope climb towards the end of the trail. Beautiful views of some desert flowers, and the inside of the canyon.

The trail is a bit difficult to follow, i wish they’d post more signs. I went off on tangent trails that obviously other had because the ground was worn. Other than that it’s gorgeous! Great rock formations, wish we had visited maybe in April because the pools are just standing water and look green and murky. The steps to climb around at the end look difficult, but I made it! Do the hike early since there is no shade.

Simple/easy trail. Usually busy with families but if you go a less crowded time it is wonderful.

Pretty just a little bit of water. Great for little kids. Our kids did swim in the small pools. Crowded.

It was extremely crowded today. The ranger started turning people away around noon. It’s a fun and beautiful but I’m giving 3 stars for the crowds.

Really lame! Don't go to this trail! Haha! I'm kidding, it was awesome! My kids loved it. We got there on a Saturday by 8:30 AM so we were able to get a parking spot and didn't feel overwhelmed by the crowds. But we had cars stalking us to our car afterwards and they said they were circling the lot for a half hour. Our youngest hiker is 5 and he had a hard time scrambling around the rocks and pools. I don't think I saw anyone with kids younger than 5 go past the main rock with the rope. But if you can, go past it! The slot canyons back there had some pools with water up my waist and it was our favorite part. I swam in the main pool and couldn't touch bottom. Be brave: wear your swimsuit and jump in! It was cold but worth it!

It was a bit crowded but not to bad. Not a lot of water but still very much worth it! We came 5 hours away and loved it! Easy for kids bring swimming clothes. Definitely coming back when Water level is better.

Great Trails. It was Crowded. Get there early. Muliple Shady Spots. Easy Hike 4 kids. Wear Swimming Clothes. Beautiful Red Rocks

Great trail for most abilities. It was crowded, with little water holes at the end. There was no water flow. The kids enjoyed it. Perfect for a family outing. Multiple shade spots to stop and rest.

The river is dried up for the 2020 season as of May 6. We went at about 5:30 and the crowds were mild. Great hike and had a good time with the family. Kids loved the opportunity to scramble too.

Easy hike for kids but really crowded. Groups of teenagers clogging up the swimming areas. With all the options Southern Utah offers don't come here if you want solitude.

Beautiful kid friendly hike. Recommend wearing clothes for swimming.

fee

Awesome trail- really beautiful canyon and fairly easy to traverse. Lots of places to scramble and play for kids.

CRAZY busy on a sunday afternoon! Still fun.

Great trail for the family. The views, rock, twisted trees and more all the way to the pools were as beautiful as the pools themselves. We went as late as June and there was still a little water but spring would be even better. This is one of the more heavier trafficked trails that I’ve been on here.

Beautiful. Not heavily used the day we were there. Just fantastic scenery and waterfalls. Not to be missed. Easy in easy out.

Close, mix of shade and sun, fun stream to play in, really unique and beautiful hike. I’d give it 5 stars if it weren’t so crowded.