Red Potato Trail

Red Potato Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 308 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Draper City Parks & Trails 1020 E. Pioneer Rd. (12400 S.), Bottom Floor Draper City, UT 84020 801 576-6571

Not the most interesting hike I have done but easy and would be good for kids. Part goes through an oak forest so you get some great shade if its hot. But much is open and not that interesting. It overlooks Salt Lake valley and some suburban areas. I didn't like that, preferring more wilderness hike but my lady companion liked the view over the city. So I guess that's personal choice. This hike joins Ann's trail at the top which is a much nicer hike. I wish we had started there and saved and hour round trip. A nice enough hike but there are better in the area, especially off American Fork Canyon.

Super easy and beautiful trail.. it stars downhill so you can get a beautiful view from the beginning.. it’s also good for biking

For riders this trail is narrower that many of the other trails in the area. Nice views of the valley from the trail.

Loved this hike! It was a great way to get back into hiking. It does get pretty hot so I’d suggest going earlier in the morning or late evening! Either way, it’s a pretty hike.

My man and I did this at around 10a on 7/6. The start of the trail leading up to the destination is beautiful, great views and some beautiful wild flowers if you're lucky enough. At the destination, you can continue further, but you eventually stumble upon a few other trails of your choice. We turned around and headed back. This part can suck if you don't have wind at least to kick in your second, third and fourth wind in that heat. I strongly advise water and sunblock. We did run into a few trail runners and families on bikes... all super friendly and great outdoor etiquette. We normally hike up Big and Little Cottonwood, but my man wanted a different perspective.:)

Beautiful views at the beginning.

Really quick!! But if you have 30 minutes you want to kill real fast up then it’s delightful. We sat up on the rocks and had a snack, very relaxing.

This was perfect for a quick 1:45 hike with young kids. Suggest looping the entire hill.

Went snowshoeing with a group....the leader advised that we didn't need snowshoes because it was melted and muddy in areas....however, I think snowshoes would have come in handy for the majority of the hike because almost every other step we took we were sinking to our thighs and hips in some areas. Not fun at all. Under normal circumstances though, I would say that this trail would be easy peasy….not very exciting...it mostly overlooks a neighborhood. There was only one small area that I enjoyed where the trail went through a small grove of short scrub trees. I was glad to finally make it back to the trailhead.

Not a hard hike at all !

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Wasn’t great. Trail’s just a straight, back and forth down the mountain then ends along some other trails. No scenic views, just some dead plants. The one area with trees, they were all burned from a fire a tear or so ago. There with a lot of bikers that we needed to move for, so hiking this trail probably isn’t worth it.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Pretty fun but could’ve been better by either being harder or longer

Thursday, June 28, 2018

super fun & beautiful scenery !!

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

I might be wrong but didn’t there used to be the draper glow caves on this trail?

Monday, October 23, 2017

✌

Monday, July 24, 2017

This was a fun and pretty short trail. The view of the valley and the little creek are beautiful. Plus, it is not a far drive from the freeway which is nice.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Easy trail for kids, my 4 year old and 22 month old did it with no problem. Not much shade. View of the valley is pretty, but the trail and surrounding area isn't that great. Probably won't do it again.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Pretty little hike with a nice view. Not hard.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Was considering giving this trail three stars but the views made me bump it up to four. Took my six-year-old and she did just fine. Great trail for kids.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

This is a pretty dumb trail. The entire way out is downhill, so the view is best at the beginning. This trail just ends...there is no significant showing that it has ended either. I went past the end and checked the trail map and saw I finished it. Not worth it.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

My 4 year old and 2 year old loved this trail. It was not steep because of the switch backs and it was the perfect length for their little legs.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Perfect family hike!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

This is a relatively easy trail in Draper. The views are spectacular. Good for dogs and even young children. Switchbacks make this so it's not a steep trail.