Rattlesnake Gulch Trail

Rattlesnake Gulch Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take I-215 south until you reach the 3900 South exit. Take a left at the top of the exit ramp and cross over I-215 heading east. At Wasatch Boulevard take a left and head north 1 block to the light at 3800 South. Take a right on 3800 South and head east through residential neighborhoods for approximately a mile before arriving at fee station. The trailhead is .7 miles past the fee station on the north side of the road.

Our first time hiking this trail and we loved it! The views along the trail are almost as good as the view at the end. We carried our 18-month old in a carrier and it took us a little over 2 hours with a stop to eat something at the top.

Watch out for mountain bikers and runners that quickly approach because the trail gets narrow. Also, I think we heard a rattlesnake, but didn't actually see it.

We will hike this again soon!

My first time, I’m out of shape but eventually made it to the top!

went with our two kids and the view was so worth it. Gradually going up Views of the nature is beautiful, literally stopping every 15 min just to take pictures. Breathtaking views of the mountains as well!