Queen Victoria via Queen's Garden Loop

Queen Victoria via Queen's Garden Loop is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bryce, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 406 feet Route Type: Out & Back

As of 5/28/19, Navajo Loop and Agua Canyon Connector trail are still closed. Check with the NPS site before visiting for trail closures: https://www.nps.gov/brca/planyourvisit/queensgarden.htm Please note that portions of this loop may close due to weather and freezing overnight temperatures. Heavily trafficked combination trail weaving in and out of red rock formations through Bryce Canyon.

I did this hike the week of Thanksgiving - temperature was in the low 30s. Light snow began just as I started which wasn't a problem, other than limiting visibility of distant parts of the canyon. Previously melted snow made sections of the trail fairly muddy, but the switchbacks aren't very steep so no part of the trail felt precarious. The views of the many hoodoos both near and far were stunning, especially with the contrast of the white snow dusted atop the orange-red rock . I was planning on completing the Navajo part of the loop, but a sudden increase in the snowfall and heavy wind caused me to turn back, quickly visit the Queen Victoria hoodoo and then retrace my steps. All in all an enjoyable and easy hike, even in weather.

A bit crowded. Did this at the end of my day. Suggest doing this and the peekaboo loop figure 8 trail.

Hiked ‘this trail along with Peek-a-boo in combination. It was spectacular. Allows you to get a real sense of the wonder of this magnificent place

Beautiful hike, but out of all that we did today it was not my favorite - for that it’s gotta be Peekaboo Loop. The high point (no pun intended) is the amazing views you get from the start of the trail at Sunrise Point.

Great trail. We had a 3, 8, & 10 year old. We had to carry the 3 year old the whole way but the other two did great. Bring lots of water and snacks. We are glad we followed the park map suggestion starting at sunrise point and taking the trail clockwise. The last 1/2 mile we enjoyed the switch backs in the shade of the hoodoos at midday.

This excellent trail takes you past two of the most iconic hoodoos, Queen Victoria and Thors Hammer. Steep in steep out and flat in the middle

Steep drop at the beginning so decided the child got shoulders on the way down because there was no way I was going to put the child on my shoulders on the way up. Overall easy walk and very nice views of the distance and the Hadoops. We started at sunset point which made it .8 each way. We only had a half day so per the ranger we did this hike and the views from Bryce point.

This was the last stretch of a figure 8 we did. Started with the west side of Navajo, did the whole Peek-a-boo loop then back via Queens Garden and Rim trail. Queens Garden is nice but compared to Navajo and Peek-a-boo it’s a little disappointing. Queen Victoria is a site to see but IMO, it’s just another hoodoo. I can’t recommend the figure 8 hike enough but don’t make Queens Garden the only trail you hike. Next time I will take the east side of Navajo back. It’s not fun climbing up the rim when it’s mid day and there’s thousands of tourists heading down and not giving you space.

It was a great trail with unforgettable hoodoos and scenery. A bit on the dangerous side for small children with very high cliff edges on the trail. Also tiny annoying flies dogged everyone on the trail.

Beautiful hike but tough if you're not in shape. Wall Street was the highlight in my opinion, but picking your favorite part of the trail is sort of like being forced to pick your favorite child... it's all amazing. We took several breaks (probably more breaks than moving), which is why it took so long.

steep coming back!!

This trail has some really nice vantage points leading to the Queen. The rocks can be a bit tricky so wear closed toe shoes. the walk back up is intense, so bring lots of water.

Not too bad all. Definitely something so experience and see up close!

awesome trail. hiked from sunrise to the queens garden. then down to the peek-a-boo lope. the scenery is AMAZING!!

We did this hike with our 3 years old. It was chillin over the memorial weekend. View was beautiful. I would check with the park ranger if its hikable due to it snowed on memorial day

Nice trail through the canyon - great mix of hoodoos, views, and forest. Hiking from Bryce Point to Sunrise is definitely much easier than going the opposite direction. Definitely rated moderate (not too strenuous). If you were to climb out towards Bryce Point - that would kick my butt. Great way to see a bit of everything!

Such a great hike. We were kind of in shock the whole time. Very other worldly! ❤

Did this a couple days ago and it was amazing! Incredible views of the hoodoos. It is all uphill on the way back so not necessarily easy, but well worth it

Great hike. Beautiful views. Except we couldn’t go the whole loop because Navajo loop/Wall Street is still closed.

Cold day. Layer up if you are here on memorial weekend. Navajo loop trail is still closed so only do the Queens Garden out and back

This is more on the moderate-end if easy when it comes to the return part of the hike. It’s all downhill going in and mostly uphill coming back. But it was beautiful and had great views of the hoodoos. It was the only trail open when we went to Bryce due to trails closing from weather.

Wall Street and Navajo are currently closed due to rock slide. You can walk out and back to Queen Victoria via Queens Garden

Snow in mid-May! We decided to turn around at Queen Victoria viewpoint due to approaching snow and were glad we did. (Navajo Loop was closed.) You really do have to get down into the Bryce Amphitheater to fully appreciate all the amazing rock formations. Path is wide and smooth but steep; plan on taking numerous rest breaks during the climbout.

Great views all throughout the hike...a little treacherous on a couple of spots, would not recommend for people with fear of heights...

Didn’t do the whole loop since Wall Street and Navajo are closed still. We ended up starting at peek-a-boo and went clockwise; and then headed toward queens garden once there’s a sign for “Navajo loop”. Once you get to queens garden it’s definitely more trafficked. The peekaboo portion is awesome though!!! Cool views every time you turn a corner. Just be ready for some horse poop!!

I did the rim trail from sunrise point to sunset point but the Navajo trail is closed for now. So back to sunrise point the down to Queen’s Garden and back. Beautiful country. Windy and cool today. Threatening to rain and will be soon.