Quail Trail Loop

Quail Trail Loop is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ogden, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Quail Trail Loop is located in the Ogden Nature Center North Park. This is a very easy and family friendly trail right in the middle of a 23-acre nature preserve located in the foothills of northern Ogden, at 1176 N. Mountain Road. Quail Trail Loop with offer a level hike as the bridges guide visitors through oak brush, grassy meadows and wetland habitat.

Good if you want something easy for small children. Well shaded and short.

I took my 5 and 2 year old on this little hike and they loved it. We even did the loop a couple times. We have gone back and I’m sure we will again. Great for younger kids!

This is a decent trail if you’re looking for something leisurely to do for a morning walk, but don’t hit this trail in search of a hike. It’s very shaded most of the way.

Easy access to the trailhead. An easy trail with lots of shade and thick vegetation.

Cute. Best for small children or dog walking.

Great easy little trail! Perfect trail when you don’t have a ton of time/energy but you want to get outside. Brought my dog and she loved it, especially getting a drink in the little streams.

A little muddy in some spots. But overall in good condition.

Monday, May 01, 2017

dog friendly. a lot shorter than I thought but a good short walk

Monday, July 11, 2016

not dog friendly.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Nice short trail with shade.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Great

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Seriously the quickest, easiest trail. Dog friendly, most shaded trail. You're near the road, can't really get lost here.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

EXTREMELY easy trail. Close to the road so you can hear traffic. Very very beautiful!! Took us like 30 minutes to complete the loop. Saw more wildlife on this trail than any others so far. (Woodpecker, squirrel, bunny, and two quail)... Lots of trees so it's shady and cool. We started up Powerline trail, but I wasn't feeling well from being sunburnt and not recovering long enough from a harder hike the day before so we turned around and finished the quail trail. I like this for just an easy stroll

Thursday, April 16, 2015

This is one I can get my whole to go on. We all like to come out here. This little loop is well shaded, great stroll no matter what time of year it is. It has couple really good geocaches as well.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Perfect trail for the family with small kids. The trail is very flat but offers a wide variety of terrain. The kids will have a blast running around this area. The area is full of wildlife and many different birds can be seen in the area. Keep an eye out for the local quail.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017