Provo River Parkway

Provo River Parkway is a 15.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Provo, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

beach

We took our bikes on the FrontRunner from Salt Lake City to Provo and entered the trail from the riverside park. We went past the Shops at Riverwood at Orem, turned around and got the FrontRunner from Orem and went back to SLC.

This is a lovely trail, close to the river, paved (some bad root spots have been fixed recently), easy for littles. But it's not my favorite for riding...especially near Bridal Veil.

I've been riding this trail all summer and I am OBSESSED. I usually hop on around mile 9.5 and complete it 7 miles up to Vivian Park, because that canyon stretch is my favorite. Miles 1-6 there is some considerable damage on the pavement from tree roots so biking is a bit of a struggle, but it's still lovely to walk. Miles 6-9 are along University Ave and honestly not very exciting. Miles 9-16 follow through Provo canyon beneath shady trees and honestly I could never get sick of how beautiful it is!

The trail is a steady incline pretty much the whole way, but I don't start to feel it until maybe 7 miles in. If you're biking I would recommend going in the early morning to avoid heavy pedestrian traffic; in the afternoon it is crowded and in the evening there are squads of longboarders coming down on the canyon stretch.

I love this trail! Would definitely recommend.

Thought it would be more of a hike. Definitely flat and blacktop the whole way

Ran here a couple of times. One time right after a snowstorm, that was beautiful. It is pretty crowded, I wouldn't bike here but it's okay for running/walking.

Great for a casual stroll, but I do not recommend it for bikes at all. It is often crowded, and if it isn't crowded, the trail is bulging from tree roots underneath and is often littered with sticks, making it very difficult and uncomfortable to ride on a road bike. It was very difficult for me to enjoy the ride for most of the trail. The section in the canyon and along University are decent, but once you leave those areas, it gets bumpy and full of debris. It is much more peaceful to ride along neighborhood streets, or even along University Avenue in the bike lanes.

Beautiful! Maybe we just end up there on the wrong days but always seems so crowded.

canoeing
Monday, July 11, 2016

We did not walk or bike any of the trails. We floated down the river on tubs. It was a lot of fun. Planing on going back to hike some of the trails real soon :)

Friday, June 10, 2016

Sections this trail are clear for bikers, but really it's too crowded and people don't observe the different lane uses. If biking up the canyon it's better to just take the road.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Ran this today, 9/18/15. From Vivian Park to the end of the trail at Utah Lake was 16.25 miles. The toughest part and least enjoyable was running along University Ave. The rest is tree covered for the most part so it stays cool. Started up above at on South Fork Road at Trefoil Ranch and then at the end I ran back to my car near the airport. Total run was 22.5 miles.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Love this trail! Often bike on it. They have water fountains along the way, beautiful bridges and canyon views. Also love that it connects to the Murdock Trail. Only down side is the amount of people on the trail.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

This is a long boarding, walking, jogging, running, rollerblading, biking trail that is paved. Basically a "sidewalk"along the mountains for a beautiful workout. You can start at the bottom of Provo canyon.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

I have spent lots of time biking, walking, running, and skateboarding all along this path. Really great path for getting outside.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Paved walking, biking, running trail. Nice for the family with small parks along the way to stop at and play. It's runs along the Provo river and has some great places for pictures. Along the way you can find cool things like Bridal Veil falls, from start to end it's 30 miles. So, pick a place to park the car and get out and walk.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Great trail for family exploration. Gorgeous natural formations and well maintained facilities along the way.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

My trail started by BYU and it was a short paved trail. Everything was flat except when you go under the road and follow the water to stay away from crossing the streets. I'll have to do it again and find this waterfall! The river was there, so it was still pretty. There are park benches available

Monday, August 27, 2012

Visited Bridal Veil Falls on a Sunday and it was quite busy. We spent about 45 minutes on it. Will return in the future. The falls are beautiful and the base of the falls is good for children. They have an area where the children can feed the fish for a quarter.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

This trail's one of our favorites! We bike from our home catching the trail at the Riverwoods Mall and going up to the end of South Fork Canyon which ends up being about 26 miles roundtrip. It's a beautiful ride up the canyon, especially in the mid-morning or afternoon hours. My only complaint about the trail would be the long-boarders who never have any real control over how fast they're going down the canyon and never seem to care about what lane they're in. My wife was recently yelled at by a young highschooler for being in "his" lane, which was necessary since the other lanes were stocked with long-boarders speeding down the mountain. (Whew!) Vented... Aside from them, the trail is magnificent, winding itself next to the Provo River; interwoven through the Canyon Parks and Waterfalls.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

I've walked the length of the entire trail (not all at once) and some days it's crowded, some it's vacant. It depends on the time of day, the season, and the weather. The entire trail is paved and it's easily accessible at many different points along its length. There are runners, cyclists, walkers, and longboarders using it. Utah Lake is at one end of it and Bridal Veil Falls is along its route.
I would rate it higher but I prefer more 'wild' hikes and walks.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I enjoy this trail because I can hook up the trailer and take my 18-month-old daughter. I haven't ridden the section from the LDS Motion Picture trail entrance out to Utah Lake, but I have done from the trail entrance out to Provo Canyon. I love it once I get into the canyon, but until then, its rather blah. from 2300 N to the mouth of Provo Canyon, the trail just follows a busy highway. Its worth it to just drive to the mouth of the canyon and bike up to Vivian Park and back. The trail (in the canyon) has some great views and good shade. Its a good trail to take the kids.