Provo River Parkway

Provo River Parkway is a 15.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Provo, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

beach

I've been riding this trail all summer and I am OBSESSED. I usually hop on around mile 9.5 and complete it 7 miles up to Vivian Park, because that canyon stretch is my favorite. Miles 1-6 there is some considerable damage on the pavement from tree roots so biking is a bit of a struggle, but it's still lovely to walk. Miles 6-9 are along University Ave and honestly not very exciting. Miles 9-16 follow through Provo canyon beneath shady trees and honestly I could never get sick of how beautiful it is!

The trail is a steady incline pretty much the whole way, but I don't start to feel it until maybe 7 miles in. If you're biking I would recommend going in the early morning to avoid heavy pedestrian traffic; in the afternoon it is crowded and in the evening there are squads of longboarders coming down on the canyon stretch.

I love this trail! Would definitely recommend.

Thought it would be more of a hike. Definitely flat and blacktop the whole way

Ran here a couple of times. One time right after a snowstorm, that was beautiful. It is pretty crowded, I wouldn't bike here but it's okay for running/walking.

Great for a casual stroll, but I do not recommend it for bikes at all. It is often crowded, and if it isn't crowded, the trail is bulging from tree roots underneath and is often littered with sticks, making it very difficult and uncomfortable to ride on a road bike. It was very difficult for me to enjoy the ride for most of the trail. The section in the canyon and along University are decent, but once you leave those areas, it gets bumpy and full of debris. It is much more peaceful to ride along neighborhood streets, or even along University Avenue in the bike lanes.

Beautiful! Maybe we just end up there on the wrong days but always seems so crowded.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thursday, July 14, 2016

canoeing
Monday, July 11, 2016

We did not walk or bike any of the trails. We floated down the river on tubs. It was a lot of fun. Planing on going back to hike some of the trails real soon :)

Monday, July 11, 2016

Friday, June 10, 2016

Sections this trail are clear for bikers, but really it's too crowded and people don't observe the different lane uses. If biking up the canyon it's better to just take the road.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Ran this today, 9/18/15. From Vivian Park to the end of the trail at Utah Lake was 16.25 miles. The toughest part and least enjoyable was running along University Ave. The rest is tree covered for the most part so it stays cool. Started up above at on South Fork Road at Trefoil Ranch and then at the end I ran back to my car near the airport. Total run was 22.5 miles.