Professor Creek and Mary Jane Canyon Trail

Professor Creek and Mary Jane Canyon Trail is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

SO BOSS!

Awesome hike. Be sure to go to the END of the dirt road to park.

easy hike, made it to the falls in 1.5 hours. could totally spend the day here searching the side canyons.

Unbelievable. Will definitely do it again.

I did it on Father's Day with my 73-year-old dad. It is a very gentle 8 mile out and back. Temperatures reached 102 but we were rarely hot as it was easy to get into the stream. In a part of the country over run by gazing there was no sign of cows. As others have mentioned it dead ends in a spectacular waterfall. There are several side canyons. We went up one and saw a rather rare collared lizard. Definitely a five star hike!

My favorite trail I hiked in Moab area (late March)! If you're looking for a unique, fun trail, this is it y'all. You get water, canyons, and amazing views in front, to the sides, and above you. Just beware, the trailhead at this location IS NOT Professor Creek trail. You'll want to walk back to the parking lot from the trail head and to the right you'll see the trail going up the dry creek bed. By no means a strenuous trail, but your feet will get WET. Most of the time you're hiking through the creekbed, which was my favorite part. I hiked in Chacos and it was super refreshing! The waterfall at the end is the icing on the cake! 10/10 recommend.

I think this is now my favorite hike in Moab (which is a hard thing to be). Absolutely beautiful! We went over Memorial day weekend and there was tons of flower and cactus in bloom. The water was calm, shallow, and warm. Don't bother trying to keep your feet dry as you have to wade into the water at the end to see the waterfall. Note, there were areas that had a lot of poison ivy near and encroaching on the trail. BEWARE! Also, I am not sure where there was 1827 ft in elevation gain I clocked about 250. The parking lot fills up VERY quickly so be early or you'll have problems parking. I will definitely be coming here again.

Great, easy hike with a fabulous reward at the end - a waterfall! I would definitely recommend water shoes. Fun alternative to the national parks!

cool hike! beautiful quite canyon. can not overstate to bring watershoes!

A lot of water crossing so be ready to get wet. The views are spectacular, especially when you hit the canyon.

Ohhhhhhh my goodness, beautiful!!! I enjoyed every second of this hike! Not one part was dull or not scenic. I highly recommend!

Great hike through the water crossings views change do much going in and out,