Private Arch Trail

Private Arch Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Thompson, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September.

Arches National Park PO Box 907 Moab UT 84532 archinfo@nps.gov www.ngs.gov/arch 435 719-2299

Nice arch tucked away. Most probably miss this one. It is a side trail off the Devils Garden loop trail. Don't miss it.

Monday, October 17, 2016

I have a fear of heights, so this trail was quite difficult for me, however my husband was patient, and helped me through the rock fin and small wall climb. We did the trail counter clockwise, which most people did not. This makes the beginning of the trail very easy and your left with the difficult rock passages. Also, this trail does take 2 to 3 hours, so start it earlier in the day, unless you have proper equipment to hike as the sun sets. We had head lamps which allowed us to watch the sunset on the rock cliffs before wrapping up our hike.

Friday, June 03, 2016