Poison Spider Mesa Trail

Poison Spider Mesa Trail is a 14 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

This is one of the most popular trails in Moab and is often combined with Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim. (Both available as FunTreks eGuides.) Poison Spider Mesa is a fun-filled combination of challenging obstacles and incredible scenery. Don't miss impressive Little Arch near cliff edge overlooking Moab. Mountain biking is extremely popular on this trail. Drive with caution and be courteous to bikers at all times. Open all year weather permitting. Best time to go: Spring and Fall. Located on BLM land. For current status call Bureau of Land Management, Moab Field Office at (435) 259-2100. Rating: Difficult. Huge, awkward ledges and many tippy spots. For modified vehicles with very high ground clearance, lockers, large tires and good articulation. Route-finding on loop portion of trail is very challenging. Follow track and painted Jeep symbols.

off road driving

Amazing trail most fun I had in Moab. This trail has some killer lines to take in my 4 Door Rubicon on 35's. we spread my fathers ashes along this trail. He made the trip in spirit.

off road driving

Very challenging! Great full day combination with Golden Spike.

off road driving

Fun trail for 4X4 action with lots of scenery. I did the trifecta which is Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim. It took me over 12 hours to complete but well worth the effort.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Friday, February 19, 2016

Fun

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Awesome trail! Can't wait to do it again! but only attempt this trail if you have experience off-roading and I would advise going with a group or at least with others to help you. Being lifted and having lockers will help, but I was with a guy in a stock jeep wrangler that was able to make it so it can be done. This trail can be driven in a loop and then you come back out the way you came or you can continue on through Golden Spike and then Gold Bar Rim. I drove the loop in my lifted FJ Cruiser and it was a blast!

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Great trail!! I am new to offroading and went with a group of 4 other jeeps and a trail leader who took us through the obsticales. Outstanding job to Nena from Barlows Jeep Rentals in Sedona, Az