Pineview West Trail

Pineview West Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eden, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.2 miles Elevation Gain: 341 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

The Pineview West trail is an easy gravel trail along the west side of the reservoir. The views of Pineview with all its activity and the natural diversity near the water is interesting. The trail goes through all the facilities on the shoreline. It has a trailhead at either end. At the south end is the Pineview Trailhead where the Skyline Trail goes west and the Pineview West trail goes north right at the entry gate. On the north end is the North Arm Trailhead where the North Arm Nature Trail and Pineview West begin.

Walked the trail from the North Arm parking lot to the Pineview trail head on rt 158 and back again. Views of the marsh about a half mile in were the best for birding. Seeing the boat ramp and beach area was interesting but I think on my next hike I’ll only go halfway in and turn back. The hike was a mix of tree cover and open areas, so bring plenty of water.

Run this every weekend! So fun

Fun and easy hike. My kids and dog enjoyed it. Last summer we spent a bit of time on the beach at the parking lot the trailhead starts at, I was shocked how little beach was left due to how high the water is this spring. We only went 1.25 miles down the trail before turning around; maybe next time we will complete the entire trail.

There were some muddy areas and also some extraordinarily gross horse poop all over the trail! Must have eaten something bad! The scenery and flowers were very beautiful, though! We saw tons of small snakes, so if you're not into that this isn't the trail for you at this time of year!

This is a great trail for ease and comfort for beginners with a nice view of Pineview damn we went after a rain storm and it can get pretty muddy which isn’t fun but during the dry season it would be great to take the family on.

Great beginner easy trail! Perfect for kiddos and dogs! Great views of the lake and the path was well maintained. Perfect first hike in Utah!

The bridges are rebuilt and the trail is good to go!

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Trail is very beautiful with one downside - you can hear the road traffic. However, the bridge on the north side of the trail was washed out last year and has still not been replaced. In other words the trail is still closed as of 07-03-18.

Sunday, April 01, 2018

The trail was nice and easy, just what I was looking for. I didn't hike the whole thing because I mainly went to fish. There is a decent amount of fishing spots along the trail. I went in March and it was not busy at all and hardly muddy. However, all vegetation was dead so the scenery could've been prettier. At times the trail goes on a road or sidewalk as well, so it doesn't feel much like a wilderness escape or anything. I wouldn't really hike this trail for fun, just to find a good fishing spot.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

This was my very first mountain bike ride ever and was great to learn on. Partially paved, with beautiful views of the lake.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Amazing

Thursday, June 01, 2017

The trail was fine, a bit overgrown probably due to not being used a lot. The trailhead isn't marked and difficult to find. There needs to be better signage for the trailhead and where the trail picks up at the boat ramps.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

North end of trail is closed from May 25 until November 2017 due to flood damage.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

ok. easy walk. pretty views. we didn't like that so much of the trail runs along the road

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Absolutely gorgeous! This has a stunning view of pineview and adorable bridges at the start then leads into gorgeous tree covered trails. Seriously my favorite.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

This is an easy trail that we do with our kids and dog. Not strenuous at all and lots to see.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Excellent trail for moseying or going for a nice, quick trail run. (Pineview trail)

Saturday, November 14, 2015

I have been along this trail several times. My dog enjoys when we come out this way.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

This trail is easy to follow and provides some great vistas of Pineview. It does go through the marina and up to the highway one time, so having some type of map to know where the path continues would be helpful. The track is well groomed single track at its smallest point and would be a good bike ride, but I hiked it today.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

This is a short but very nice hike if you love nature. I ended up staying much longer then I had planned because it was so alive with wildlife. The sounds were every where and I saw a fox, nesting Osprey, geese, ducks, marsh birds. Heard frogs and birds and the creek was just beaming with nature. The trail is a bit over grown but not to bad.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

I hiked this one in the snow. It was fine while on the main loop, but when I took the spur to the south, it didn't seem to have got enough traffic to keep the snow packed. It was a very pretty little hike, and can be a nice walk with the kids.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I was looking for an easy hike to do with five children ages 3 to 14. This was perfect. It was a beautiful trail, a little bit of wildlife and lots of wild flowers. It was not strenuous and perfect for my new little hikers. I carried my 3 year old in the ergo at her preference, but a 3 year old could have easily hiked it. We did the wild trail loop and part of the pineview hike. I would like to go back and finish the pineview hike.