Pineview West Trail

Pineview West Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eden, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

The Pineview West trail is an easy gravel trail along the west side of the reservoir. The views of Pineview with all its activity and the natural diversity near the water is interesting. The trail goes through all the facilities on the shoreline. It has a trailhead at either end. At the south end is the Pineview Trailhead where the Skyline Trail goes west and the Pineview West trail goes north right at the entry gate. On the north end is the North Arm Trailhead where the North Arm Nature Trail and Pineview West begin.

The trail was fine, a bit overgrown probably due to not being used a lot. The trailhead isn't marked and difficult to find. There needs to be better signage for the trailhead and where the trail picks up at the boat ramps.

North end of trail is closed from May 25 until November 2017 due to flood damage.

ok. easy walk. pretty views. we didn't like that so much of the trail runs along the road

Absolutely gorgeous! This has a stunning view of pineview and adorable bridges at the start then leads into gorgeous tree covered trails. Seriously my favorite.

This is an easy trail that we do with our kids and dog. Not strenuous at all and lots to see.

Excellent trail for moseying or going for a nice, quick trail run. (Pineview trail)

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Saturday, November 14, 2015

I have been along this trail several times. My dog enjoys when we come out this way.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

This trail is easy to follow and provides some great vistas of Pineview. It does go through the marina and up to the highway one time, so having some type of map to know where the path continues would be helpful. The track is well groomed single track at its smallest point and would be a good bike ride, but I hiked it today.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

This is a short but very nice hike if you love nature. I ended up staying much longer then I had planned because it was so alive with wildlife. The sounds were every where and I saw a fox, nesting Osprey, geese, ducks, marsh birds. Heard frogs and birds and the creek was just beaming with nature. The trail is a bit over grown but not to bad.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

I hiked this one in the snow. It was fine while on the main loop, but when I took the spur to the south, it didn't seem to have got enough traffic to keep the snow packed. It was a very pretty little hike, and can be a nice walk with the kids.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I was looking for an easy hike to do with five children ages 3 to 14. This was perfect. It was a beautiful trail, a little bit of wildlife and lots of wild flowers. It was not strenuous and perfect for my new little hikers. I carried my 3 year old in the ergo at her preference, but a 3 year old could have easily hiked it.
We did the wild trail loop and part of the pineview hike. I would like to go back and finish the pineview hike.